-CLOSED- Wet Shaving Products soap - Testers wanted

cheesepiece said:
I'm back tomorrow so, whoever is next up, can I be put back in the queue please?
Glad to see this is moving along nicely and those with soap are enjoying it. Thanks for sharing lb1!

Just to echo the above, whoever gets the package next can they post it onto Cheesepiece. This should then mean the order falls back into place.

Lb1 said:
Is this on the move again now?

Hi Liam, yes I enclosed a note and knocked off who has had soap, then sent it on to Newkie. I have taken Expano soap out to post to him when he resurfaces as I have some Wickham samples too to send him too. I also took out and sent Mr Smartpants, Eriks to him.

They were all posted yesterday 1st class so should be with people today or tomorrow. :D

That's brilliant, thank you Darron.

Newkie, once received can you send onto Cheesepiece please.

I got my sample today (Thanks Darron).
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said this was unscented. I detect no scent at all, not even a "soapy" smell.
Sample pressed into my 8oz jar easily. Similar consistency to Cella.
I did a quick test lather using a synthetic in my palm. Wow, nice thick slick lather. I'll use this in my shave tomorrow morning and report back.

WSP testing sample whipped up a thick creamy lather with absolutely zero scent, but plenty of performance.
IMG_20140731_071420.jpg

Arrived with me today.
I've pm'd globalm. Will also ask Nishy for his address as I need to pass this package on by Wednesday otherwise it'll be sat in a drawer for two weeks while I am away.

Nice to see it on the move again. Lots of new soaps being tested at the minute so it'll be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on this one.

Hi all

Apologies for slowing this a bit as my holiday held it back a day or two.

Can't seem to get hold of Nishy ATM. He is next on the list.

If I can't raise him today, I suggest I send on to AJC347 who can send back to Nishy.

I have now used this soap for three shaves so here's what I reckon.

Lather is very quick to produce (Muhle Synthetic and soft water). Brush loads fully in 20 seconds and transferred to bowl to lather. The soap has a wide sweet spot and takes a goodly quantity of water to produce a thick, creamy brilliant white lather. So far so good.

Application showed good coverage without thinning. Even when quite wet, lather cohesion was good.

Shaves were comfortable (Weber with Gillette silver blue). No nicks or irritation and very good post-shave feel. There was lightly more 'blade on skin' feel than with some soaps. I felt a slight residual 'oiliness' but I have oily skin and this was very minor.

Compared to my all-time favourites, this is 'up there'. A very good soap and one I would be happy to buy and use.

Thanks for the opportunity!

globalm said:
I'd be very interested in a 'scent review'. What are your impressions of the scents?

I'll try...
The "Vetiver" is a milder match for the Fine "Fresh Vetiver" ASL.
The "Marrakesh" is a close cousin of Crabtree & Evelyn "Nomad"
The "Tobacco" is very close to Tabac and/or RazoRock "Zi Peppino" (Green tobacco)
The "Fougere Noir" is nearly a dead ringer for MdC "Fougere"
"Bay Rum" & "Barbershop" are what you'd expect. The Sandalwood is VERY faint, it's certainly the lightest of all the scents (obviously apart from "unscented").
My nose isn't as highly trained as others though.

Back
Top Bottom