-CLOSED- Wet Shaving Products soap - Testers wanted

Added. The soap has arrived today. It'll start its journey in a couple of days but for now I've closed the list so that everyone can get a decent sized sample to get a good few shaves out of it. Ohmysan, I've PM'd you.

RE: Wet Shaving Products soap - Testers wanted

I've chopped the soap up into samples and there is enough left over for 2 more people. If you want in then reply here by tomorrow evening as Friday morning it starts it journey.

I've used this soap for my last three shaves now. My thoughts so far:

This is a hard soap but it's pliable enough to be squished into a small container. It has no scent and by that it truly has no scent. Not like other soaps where you can still smell a few of the ingredients like MdC. I can pick up no smell at all.
For my first two shaves I used my Muhle synthetic which I suppose is cheating a bit as that thing can lather anything. However, in saying that I only loaded the brush for about 5 seconds and then took it to my bowl. This soap lathered easily and created a very good amount of lather. This mornings shave I used my Semogue 2013 SE badger. This was the first time I've used this brush in about two weeks and whilst it didn't create the same amount of lather as the Muhle I found that the soap lathered quite easily.
When it came to the actual shave I must also confess that I've been getting to know my CJB kamisori and as such I've been taking my time. I did notice on my first shave that once I'd shaved my cheeks and moved down to the neck area the lather had dissipated a bit and was a bit dry. Not a massive issue as I just painted more on. My second shave was better as one, I was a bit quicker with the kamisori and two, I added slightly more water to my mix.
The post shave feel from the soap is very good. I find that it doesn't leave my skin feeling quite oily like some other soaps can do but at the same time my skin doesn't show the slightest hint of irritation which is good considering my novice skill with the kamisori.
Overall I've found that this soap performs quite well if the right amount of water is added. It has good slickness and cushion and the post shave is really good. I'd add it to my rotation if the scent was right.

I can see I have some stiff competition!

I have used this soap now over the last few days and it is very good. The natural scent is mild and pleasant, lathering is easy and plentiful, slick is great creating good and sufficient glide. It lacks slightly in its after shave skin conditioning properties but because the soap is so mild it's not a big issue.

All in all a very good soap and one that should do extreamly well. Well done to whoever created it! :D

Exapno I need your address so I can send the soap to you. I will give it until Monday and will post to Newkie if I don't hear from you. Check your PM inbox.

Are the pucks being sent out in the order from the OP or are all the samples cut and sent out in parallel to everyone at once?
I'm getting anxious to try this and I haven't gotten anything yet.
*Edit. Nevermind, I just read Darron's post above mine. :angel:

Mr_Smartepants said:
Are the pucks being sent out in the order from the OP or are all the samples cut and sent out in parallel to everyone at once?
I'm getting anxious to try this and I haven't gotten anything yet.
*Edit. Nevermind, I just read Darron's post above mine. :angel:

Hi Eric yes all have been sent to me, I have to take one and send the rest on to the next person in the list. I did send David a PM the other day and have not heard from him, I suspect he is away from PC. What I can do as I know your address Erik is to take yours out and send it to you on Monday, and enclose a note with the soap to say that yours has been sent already. Infact I could do the same for David and send dirrectly to Newkie.

This is what I will do on Monday, just to keep things moving. :D

Darron, no need. I consider the postage paid to send to the next person on the list as payment for being part of our little group of testers.
No point in you paying my share (or anyone else's).
Besides, I must learn patience. :)
I'd say the easiest is to print out the list, then mark off who has already shared and include the list in the box. That way each participant can pick the next name on the list and if that person doesn't respond to PM then pick the next name, etc.
Just my opinion, but lb1 is running this show and it's his choice.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Darron, no need. I consider the postage paid to send to the next person on the list as payment for being part of our little group of testers.
I'd say the easiest is to print out the list, then mark off who has already shared and include the list in the box. That way each participant can pick the next name on the list and if that person doesn't respond to PM then pick the next name, etc.

Too late Erik I have put yours in the envelope, the rest in an envelope to Newkie, (as I have his address also) and made the list which is included. I am not too bothered about postage as I will make it back on my franking machine which I am to get soon. ;) Besides, it's what friends do for each other. :D

Mr_Smartepants said:

My original plan was to go with the order of who responded first however, Cheesepiece informed me he would be away for a week or two hence why Darron received the package first as he was next in line. A print out of the list to mark off is a good idea or you could just say on here that you've received it. As Darron is doing if you get no response from the next person on the list re their address then it should go to the next person.

I'm back tomorrow so, whoever is next up, can I be put back in the queue please?
Glad to see this is moving along nicely and those with soap are enjoying it. Thanks for sharing lb1!

Back
Top Bottom