Claymore vs RazoRock Hawk SE

P&B Spitfire, a Cadman badger brush, and a new Pro. blade, and shaving with the V2 is a pleasure. As expected, the cutting performance of the V1 and V2 is much the same i.e. close and irritation-free, but the manoeuvrability seems to be better. The new style of handle is good to grip, and I like the wider (removable) butt-end.

All in all, what was a good razor is now better.

Sorry to ask the stupid question but this Razor Hawk does use the "injector" blades, such as the Kai Captain TITAN MILD and the Feather "Pro" Razor Blades?

@Ferrum - What I had read on the Italian Barber website was that the dimensions of loading/exposure/blade gap etc hadn't actually changed, so the shave it could provide would be identical to the V1. It is a nice looking thing though, I'm seriously tempted to get the V2 in black to give my V1 a 'buddy'... If I didn't have the V1 I would have already bought the V2 by now.

Likewise.....I bought my V1 about a week before the V2 was announced :(

Interesting......that means I have the V2. The last batch to come into Shaving Station must have been the newer model
I think the ones currently shown on the Shaving Station Razorock page are V1 models and are Out of Stock. I got mine from Shave Lounge, where they are specifically identified as V2 models (at time of this writing, the black is sold out and the silver is still in stock). The two models are radically different to look at, as the photo ("quick'n'dirty") shows.
Hawks-1-and-2.jpg

V2. What do you think of it?

Love it....for me the light weight is a bonus. Just reach for it and shave without a lot of thought. Something I cant do with either the Cobra or the Claymore. I used it this morning...and the results were perfect. If I want to play around with weight...I have loads of DE handles which will do nicely. I use ordinary feathers with the Hawk. I tend to use Prolines with the others.
Really pleased I found this thread...I was just about to buy a V2 from Shave Lounge!

I have just finished a Sunday morning shave with the Hawk V1. This was my 10th Shave with it,but the first with a Feather Pro. I use a heavier S/S handle , and the Shave today was smooth yet nice and close. If the V2 Shaves the same, this is a good buy for those who wish to experience shaving with an AC powered SE Razor.

I am almost tempted to go for a V2, but will end up with too many AC Razors- just as I am running down my Vintage SE Stable.

IMG_1550.jpg

As tempted as I am to get the Hawk, I think I shall be the bigger man, and pay for my wedding and loft conversion before getting another razor that I don't strictly speaking need.

Though does make me wonder, will there be a V3 out by the time I'm ready to buy one?

Back
Top Bottom