Chubby 2 best, shedder?

I've recently bought a chubby 2 off ebay. When it arrived I couldn't wait to open the box and use it. First thing I noticed was hairs in the box, I took it to the den to give it a clean and it lost around ten hairs, so I waited till it was dry and gave it a comb through, loosing around 20 or so.
So I messaged the seller telling him what had happened and he assured me it was a recent buy and was still breaking in. (even bedding in it shouldn't loose this many hairs).
So since then I've used it roughly 3-4 Times and it has lost at least 20 plus each shave, which I don't think is normal at all.

Sorry for the essay, but.I would love your opinions.

Attachments

• _20151225_195645.JPG
    758.5 KB · Views: 56
  • _20151225_195645.JPG
    758.5 KB · Views: 55
Certainly not normal in my opinion. I had a Milk Churn do that, I purchased it from a shop not direct. But I contacted Simpsons, they asked for it back, examined it and sent a replacement. The new one didn't do it, in fact I think in over two years it's only lost two or three hairs. It's in light rotation.

I've never had this before on any brush including my simpsons. The person I bought it from is trying to say it's normal and that a chubby will loose 500-600 hairs when bedding in. Im not sure if I've uploaded the pictures correctly but I've been saving the hairs of the last 3 shaves

I've never had this before on any brush including my simpsons. The person I bought it from is trying to say it's normal and that a chubby will loose 500-600 hairs when bedding in. Im not sure if I've uploaded the pictures correctly but I've been saving the hairs of the last 3 shaves

Sounds like crap to me, 500-600 is a lot of hairs to me. If that was normal any brush supplier would be out of business.

Last edited:
I've owned a Chubby 2 in best for about 2 years and apart from losing a couple of hairs on the first couple of shaves it's been perfect.

A dense brush such as a chubby will lose some hair the first few uses as these will already be loose from manufacture as the knots are hand tied which is why you would lose some.

Never heard any brush losing 500 to 600 when bedding in and I've got about 30 brushes

I had a Chubby 2 in Best recently which was brand new and apart from loose hairs in the knot before getting it wet I would say it didn't loose more than a dozen hairs. so after about 2 or 3 uses no more bristles were lost. I didn't get on with the chubby and I sold it on the BST here but not because it was a shedder. I'd pursue this guy because even a Chubby 2 won't and won't be able to take losing 600 hairs without the knot altering quite a bit from what it's intended characteristics should have been.

I'm seriously considering selling my Chubby 1 in Super Badger that I bought to replace the Chubby 2. It is totally bombproof and has only lost 2 or 3 hairs when it came out the box. That LE Shavemac is damn near making all my other brushes surplus to requirements. This is not a pitch, probably more a cry for help to make me give the Chubby 1 a fair chance , lol!

I had a similar thing - also a chubby 2 in best - same sort of shedding. I emailed the shop pics of the amount of shedding - similar to yours - they sent me another and took it back.
The new one has lost about dozen hairs. Good luck with the the claim.

I had a similar thing - also a chubby 2 in best - same sort of shedding. I emailed the shop pics of the amount of shedding - similar to yours - they sent me another and took it back.
The new one has lost about dozen hairs. Good luck with the the claim.

Thanks I hope it goes well. I've been wanting one for a while. The wife let me pull the trigger on it to cheer me up as it was the anniversary of loosing 3 of my grandparents in the space of a week. And I've had nothing but headaches with it

So ebay have decided in his favour. Saying it was listed correctly and that the seller couldn't give 100% reassurance that it was effective.
So basically lads you can list what you want on ebay and say it's in excellent condition even if it's not

Back
Top Bottom