Christmas nibbles

What does anyone on here get in to snack on over Christmas?
I tend to go for brie and gorgonzola with crackers, olives, Serrano ham, mini gherkins, smoked salmon. Discovered Snowdonia black bomber cheese the other year and that blew my socks off how good it was, late to the party on that one I know.
Just looking for ideas really, and I'm a bit nosy too ☺️

Bresaola ... for some reason I don't buy it other times of the year.

Yep! Gorgonzola, olives, tapenade, crackers ... love it! Black Bomber is good, isn't it? We go to Snowdonia quite a lot and are now very happy to find that our local farm shop stocks it. I did a risotto the other day and rather than an Italian hard cheese, I did very thin slivers of Black Bomber on top. Quite sublime!

Medjool dates! Love 'em!

Leftover Christmas Pudding fried in goose fat. Looking foward to Christmas Cake with Black Bomber, too :cool:

I usually end up with certainly a half wheel, often a whole wheel of Stilton from the cheap section a day or two after ... cut into portions for the freezer and it does me for the coming year.

Colston Bassett Stilton, M&S Cornish Cove (Cheddar) - both with Carr's Melts (cheese) - pickled silverskin onions, Melton Mowbray pork pie, smoked salmon, lumpfish caviar, blinis, Waitrose crab pate, smoked oysters. My wife also makes delectable cheese scones and anchovy biscuits - the latter made with patum peperium Gentleman's Relish.
Edited, to add mortadella on hot buttered toast ...

Last edited:
The current house favourite for Christmas is dates in blankets. Like pigs in blankets but succulent plump sweet dates wrapped in salty bacon. Cooked with the pigs they are great with Xmas dinner but also good left to go cold with cold meats.

Second favourite is the boy child’s version of mulled wine. Its more of a German Gluhwein but it’s his own secret recipe. I know it has brandy, red wine, spices and chilli in it. He also lets it sit for 12 months and is making next years already. Much better than my hot mulled cider.

Dirty great. overstuffed with fruit, luxuriant Christmas cake with pots and pots of tea. Plenty of good. strong cheese on homemade oatcakes. Rosemary crackers from Lidl too. Mater-made mincemeat pies and my daughter makes divine Chelsea buns with a twist. My late granny’s (sniff..) fruit slice lives on through the Magical Mater but if I eat too much, Matron fetches the oak and leather spanking paddle and has at it. (Shhh, don’t tell her I actually like it…)

Must go, as I can hear Matron’s patent-pending colonic irrigation device cranking up. <help me>

Dirty great. overstuffed with fruit, luxuriant Christmas cake with pots and pots of tea. Plenty of good. strong cheese on homemade oatcakes. Rosemary crackers from Lidl too. Mater-made mincemeat pies and my daughter makes divine Chelsea buns with a twist. My late granny’s (sniff..) fruit slice lives on through the Magical Mater but if I eat too much, Matron fetches the oak and leather spanking paddle and has at it. (Shhh, don’t tell her I actually like it…)

Must go, as I can hear Matron’s patent-pending colonic irrigation device cranking up. <help me>
everthing apart from the smacky paddle sounds good. :)(y)

Back
Top Bottom