CHELSEA!!!!

Great result - very exciting watching the live text! However, looking at the accumulated bookings (+ red card) I wonder whether the final will be a bit after the Lord Mayor's show. There's every chance that the team they field will be comparatively weak, plus the energy (physical and mental) expended over these two legs may well result in a lacklustre performance.

Hope I'm completely wrong, but I have seen that type of response in the final after a massive effort to get there.

Not this time Martin. It was a victory for evil verses good, inferior verses currently superior styles.

LLoyd Honeyghan beating Donald Curry springs to mind.

Spare a thought for us Pompey fans as we go down while seeing Saints and Reading going up. And at one stage it seemed Brighton might join them.

But what goes round, comes round....

Fido said:
Spare a thought for us Pompey fans as we go down while seeing Saints and Reading going up. And at one stage it seemed Brighton might join them.

But what goes round, comes round....

It could be worse Peter, you could support Sheffield United. Years and years of being booted in the testicles continue with our talisman going to prison and our bitterest rivals overtaking us with one game to go.

I thought Chelsea deserved their FA Cup win yesterday, even if Liverpool were unlucky with that header.

I hope our Chelsea fans enjoyed their moment. And our Liverpool fans will have to go on feeling good about their great times in the past.

Looking forward to the matches today.

We did absolutely nothing for the first hour. If we'd have done what we did for the last 30, we'd have won that i think.

Didn't think Chelsea were that good, we let them play with not enough pressure from our midfield and both full backs were poor with Pepe gifting the first goal to them.

Unfortunately for us the Drogba that turned up wasn't the normal diving cheating rolling all over one. the git.

Tall_Paul said:
It could be worse Peter, you could support Sheffield United. Years and years of being booted in the testicles continue with our talisman going to prison and our bitterest rivals overtaking us with one game to go.

Some of you Limeys and other foreigners may have heard of the city called Chicago, which is in USA. It's a quaint little village that happens to support two professional baseball teams. One is in the National League and the other's in the American League.

The National League team is the Cubs.The last time they won the World Series was 1908........104 years ago (counting this 'rebuilding' year for sure). Of course, with Chicago being such a tiny town, it's hard to get good players to come here. Yes, this is just a sleepy little backwater of a place. We just got color tv here maybe only 10 years ago.Man, what a difference watching the Wizard of Oz. There's now talk of this amazing thing called Cable TV coming here by the end if the decade!

Martin

antdad said:
You guys need to employ Billy Beane, yeah I know everything about baseball now I've watched Moneyball.

From your lips to God's ear,

Funny you should mention that type of fix for the Cubs, since that's exacly what they went and did. Hired a guy named Theo Epstein away from Boston, who a few years back did a great job of finally putting a World Series championship team in that city after something like 75 years of bupkis. Yeah, he was like the Messiah there for a while. Eventually though, most General Managers burn out after a certain number of years in one place. This kid's in maybe early 30s.

Now of course all the fans have been told it'll be 2-3 years before the team actually starts contending for real. Heh, yet another leap of faith for the faithfull to deal with.

jon_hall said:
We did absolutely nothing for the first hour. If we'd have done what we did for the last 30, we'd have won that i think.

Didn't think Chelsea were that good, we let them play with not enough pressure from our midfield and both full backs were poor with Pepe gifting the first goal to them.

Unfortunately for us the Drogba that turned up wasn't the normal diving cheating rolling all over one. the git.

I have to agree, if we had played as badly in the last thirty as we did in the first sixty we might have won that one 4-1.

Absolutely love Kenny and hope he stays there for many a long year.

just got back from our Wembley trip - gutted:icon_cry2:

played utter shite for an hour, wrong team, tactics etc
sorry to say it but KK's got to go

nice new stadium, great view from the Club Wembley seats

congrats to Tony and his team

Back
Top Bottom