Chelsea at it again.

I was really shocked when I heard this afternoon he'd been given the boot. I think the russian billionaire really thinks he can buy success?
Probably give Mourinho another stab at it.

As a Hearts fan, I would echo Scotty's comments. Could we please have around £24m to pay of our debt? At the end of last season we hammered our city rivals Hibs 5-1 in the Scottish Cup Final whereas this year, they are close to the top of the league and pretty much debt free and we are fighting for survival and languishing near the foot of the table. Our crazy madcap Lithuanian owner has decided to quit bankrolling the club and we are deep in jobbies because of it. The squad is virtually unrecognizable since the cup final and we've been through more managers than Chelsea in less time. No bugger wants the job because mad Vlad is notorious for interfering with team selection, etc. Yes he saved us from having to sell our beloved Tynecastle and moving elsewhere but long gone are the days when the fans would sing, "Vladimir Romanov, Vladimir Romanov", to the tune of 'La Donna e Mobile'.

Quite frankly, I find the Chelsea situation shocking and feel sorry for Signor Di Matteo. Does RA seriously think that Chelsea should be winning the Champions league every year because of his money? The very best players won't move just for money, certainly not at the peak of their careers. They want to play for a bigger name: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, one of the Milan sides, Bayern Munich, Manchester United. Chelsea neither have the heritage or image nor do they hold the imagination of those in foreign countries like the aforementioned clubs. If RA wants them to emulate said clubs then doing it under the black cloud of his 'foibles' is sheer folly.

Al H said:
A terrible terrible club.

Every day I'm thankful I am not a glory hunter

Being a glory hunter from the year we were relegated to the second division, it would have helped if you mentioned your team allegiance in this antagonizing post to make it easier to reply in kind fella. Please don't be a red northern monkey from down south :icon_razz:.

Roberto didn't walk into the manager's position last season and wave a magic wand instantly transforming our squad; he undid the damage that the fuckwitt now at Spurs created. He played the team that picked itself and was already there, any manager from any division with an ounce of savvy could have done it. What he did was stabilise a team that had been rocked all over the place by piss poor management and being a, and always will be a Chelsea legend, helped not only in the dressing room but with the supporters as well.

Bigger managers have been sacked and will continue to be, this is nothing new in Europe where it has been going on for the past 15/20 years. Vialli's dismissal still irks me to this day. But it has been well reported that for the past couple of years RA has wanted Pep at the bridge. Roberto was only going to be an interim manager and even that appointment was largely down to media pressure as Rafa was being bandied about as actually taking that role at the end of last season.

No one in their right mind thinks that he wants the Champions League title every year, what he doesn't want is two wins in eight and hoping on a wing and a prayer that we get out of the group stage after playing such a crucial game without a striker (however shit that striker may be) that he spent 50 Million for (bloody crazy).

Chelsea don't have heritage or image, get your head out of the clouds, we have far more than our fair share, both good and bad. We are the seventh most valuable club in the world; we are constantly in the top six for the highest average game attendance per season, we are only just behind United, Real and Barcelona with regards to our foreign kit sales. Our foreign support is huge especially in Europe with our close links to clubs in Italy born from the mid nineties and the African continent.

If you could take a trip to the Emirates and offer our trophies won since 2003 in exchange for 9.5 million per year for nine years (equivalent to money spent on manager pay off's) you would be treated as God and placed on the board.

Go up to Old Trafford and ask them if they would rather be owned by someone who would wipe out their clubs debt's entirely and have zero debt or finance from outside investors and Chelsea supporters own the pitch.

Upwards of 40 million spent on training facilities and youth set up and for the past few years trying to arrange the feasibility of increasing ground capacity to 70'000 either by complete ground rebuild or moving to a site a short walk away.
Anyone think it's a play thing or a passing fad? Ask Arkady. Bankrolled we are not.

Its funny that clubs such as Barcelona, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, one of the Milan sides (they are both big), Bayern Munich and Manchester United should be used to express a difference of approach with regards to not spending to achieve, when all of those teams have actually been the main architects and instigators of such spending to achieve, long before we were able to. I tip my hat to Alex Furguson and the golden generation he was blessed with, though no one here will see the likes again in our lifetimes.

Am now wondering what brought the likes of these extremely good foreign players to the Bridge, Zola, Vialli, Di Mateo, Casiraghi, Carvalo, Essien, Cech, De Goey, Petrescu, Lebouf, Desailly, Poyet, Forssell, Flo, Lambourde, Ferreira, Goldbaek, Laudrup, Babayaro, Sinclair, Burley, Spencer, Clarke, Johnson, Crespo, Cascarino, Hall, Kjeldbjerg, Kharine, Speedie, McLaughlin, Nevin, Makelele, Malouda, Ballack, Robben, Duff, Anelka, Hasselbaink, Gronkjaer, Stanic, Melchiot, Hughes, Monkou, Durie, Niedzwiecki, Graham, il stop here.

The global football demand will not shrink, the ever increasing media coverage and money that this generates isn't going anywhere but up. 2 Billion per season for the next three seasons forcast.

Long live the revolution.

“ZIGGA ZAGGA”

I'm a season ticket holding stoke fan so no glory for me.

Whilst I am wise to the fans who have always been there and appreciate that your club is your club

, I hate the new as you put it 'northern red monkey from down south' type fan that all the big clubs have acquired, where the souvenir shop is more important than the goal mouth

Clubs that sell their soul to fill the ground with anyone one stupid enough to pay the obscene prices the big London clubs, UTD and Liverpool charge.

The football I see at stoke may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is honest, the ground is full of honest working class lads.

I did hear on talk sport though today a few CFC fans who want their club back, trophies are not everything.

Touched a nerve eh, Richard? You moan about an antagonistic post by another member and then go onto write one yourself. I'm afraid your head's firmly up your own arse if you think Chelsea have the heritage or worldwide image that the clubs I mentioned have. All best with the 2013 campaign mate and I hope you get stuffed every time if only for the comments you made above. Twat!

Al H said:
I'm a season ticket holding stoke fan so no glory for me.

Whilst I am wise to the fans who have always been there and appreciate that your club is your club

, I hate the new as you put it 'northern red monkey from down south' type fan that all the big clubs have acquired, where the souvenir shop is more important than the goal mouth

Clubs that sell their soul to fill the ground with anyone one stupid enough to pay the obscene prices the big London clubs, UTD and Liverpool charge.

The football I see at stoke may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is honest, the ground is full of honest working class lads.

I did hear on talk sport though today a few CFC fans who want their club back, trophies are not everything.

Can't knock your style of play, the same type won us the Champions League fella, nothing wrong with that If it gets the results. Mind we still owe you one from 72.

Whilst the annoying prawn sandwich supporters have increased here, there is also a big increase of youngsters coming along with their parents which is good to see.

The ticket prices have been a source of amusement here for a while, especially when the press a while back kept harking on about how expensive it was at the Bridge, yet Arsenal and Tottenham have been more expensive since the early nineties.

Have a good season fella.

Gairdner said:
Touched a nerve eh, Richard? You moan about an antagonistic post by another member and then go onto write one yourself. I'm afraid your head's firmly up your own arse if you think Chelsea have the heritage or worldwide image that the clubs I mentioned have. All best with the 2013 campaign mate and I hope you get stuffed every time if only for the comments you made above. Twat!

Moan about an antagonistic post, where ?.

My reply to Al H was a sarcastic response to an obvious football supporter that i gleaned wasn't a Chelsea supporter, that would then ellicit a response in kind (banter) in which he did.

As for your post, that would have got you dropped quicker than Torres on Tuesday night as it showed how little you now outside of the mainstream press you mug.

PM your addy and il send up a oner if helps, bit like comparing a Gillette disposable to a futur with regards to your comparison of Hearts to Chelsea.

Aye well, I'll away elsewhere and be a mug. Beats arguing with the likes of you. Goodbye TSR, I have a feeling you won't miss me.

Children behave

If I had a pound for every Chelsea fan I met who went to Munich, UTD fan who went to barca or scousers who went to Istanbul I would be a millionaire. :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom