Cheapsmells.com - Good to go for Creed?

Ive read that write up and tbh its pretty dated now.

For instance, Creed stopped using the gold surround on the boxes a while back.

Ive decided to send my GIT back as it simply isnt projecting well nor am I getting more than an hour or 2 longevity from it, I dont doubt that its real, just a bad bottle/batch I think :(

Not sure yet codex, I asked what batch no. they're currently sending out. Was advised to ask again when I receive confirmation that theyve received my returned item as the batch may have changed by then.

If its a different one, Ill probably try another bottle from them. If not then I may buy from JL and pay the extra £70 for 45ml less and hope that I get lucky with one from there.

What batch no did you have frank06?

I rang up before i ordered & was told it was a 2011 batch which according to Basenotes members was meant to be a good batch.When i got the bottle it was a 2011 & was a legit bottle but for me the longevity & projection was lacking so back it went.

For a scent costing such a staggering amount, having batches which aren't as good means I'd never want to spend money on it. If they're going to charge that much, yet not have the highest possible quality control then it shows utter contempt for their customers.

I did the same frank, also got a 2011 batch that was a dud :(

Not sure its contempt for their customers Halk, from what I understand it may be that they use a lot of natural ingredients which will vary from crop to crop/year to year and therefor affect the fragrance.

Makes sense to me anyway lol

Well, I know that happens with blended Whisky, and if the blend is poor (as the fragrance here is poor) then it shouldn't leave the factory. I know someone who works for one of the main companies in Glasgow, and they all chip in to help taste the blends to make sure everything is as it should be. There are professional tasters as well, but everybody is expected to do their bit, because their reputation relies on producing a Whisky that tastes the same now as it did 10 years ago.

They should be that serious at Creed, but if they're just paying a factory to make it, and putting a gigantic mark up on the product without testing it properly then it's the same as "designer" clothes, where you're being taken for a mug.

1ntense said:
I did the same frank, also got a 2011 batch that was a dud :(

Not sure its contempt for their customers Halk, from what I understand it may be that they use a lot of natural ingredients which will vary from crop to crop/year to year and therefor affect the fragrance.

Makes sense to me anyway lol

Chanel and Dior are two of the biggest in the game with regards to having their own ingredient farms etc, never heard of duff bottles reaching the shelves. Creed has garnered a sizeable reputation of poor quality control of which i have encountered, with side splitting results.

Im not saying they dont have some very nice fragrances, just make sure you try the bottle before you leave the store.

Halk said:
Well, I know that happens with blended Whisky, and if the blend is poor (as the fragrance here is poor) then it shouldn't leave the factory. I know someone who works for one of the main companies in Glasgow, and they all chip in to help taste the blends to make sure everything is as it should be. There are professional tasters as well, but everybody is expected to do their bit, because their reputation relies on producing a Whisky that tastes the same now as it did 10 years ago.

They should be that serious at Creed, but if they're just paying a factory to make it, and putting a gigantic mark up on the product without testing it properly then it's the same as "designer" clothes, where you're being taken for a mug.

+1

Imagine what would happen to the Scottish Whisky industry if we did Creed style quality control?

Get some Old Spice and spend the rest on a fine blend or good malt! :icon_razz::p

Back
Top Bottom