Cheapsmells.com - Good to go for Creed?

1ntense said:
It seems they're the cheapest for GIT at the moment unless anyone knows otherwise?

Has anyone used them, can I trust them to place an order for it?

You're not buying some moody gear off a geezer out of a suitcase down the market.

They are well known and well respected by all accounts.

1ntense said:
It seems they're the cheapest for GIT at the moment unless anyone knows otherwise?

Has anyone used them, can I trust them to place an order for it?

I have used them recently, no problems but they do tend to swamp your email address with newsletters. Keen prices and fast delivery.

Thanks guys, just wanted some reassurance.

Noticed they do Azzaro Chrome for a good price too, its a fragrance Ive seen mentioned a lot. Worth a blind buy?

If they do Azzaro Chrome Legend still, that would be a good choice, lovely stuff, nice summer fragrance, have not tried the Chrome itself, but presume it's similar, the Chrome Legend gets good reviews......The original Azzaro is good stuff too, but more an autumn / winter fragrance.

Thanks mate, think I got mixed up and it was the normal Azzaro that I had heard mentioned a lot, maybe moreso on basenotes. Think Ill pull the trigger on the GIT next week, got a load of Czech and Speake and Floris samples to make my way through, wish I could smell Penhaligons range, unfortunately they dont send out free samples and Im not really wanting to shell out the £16 plus postage for their sample pack at the moment.

One thing is for sure, this whole shaving gear and fragrance stuff is getting pretty addictive! :D

If you keep a close eye on the site they sometimes get some very rare stuff in. Like Aramis Havana, Daniel Hechter Charactere and Paco Rabanne Tenere.

joe mcclaine said:
If you keep a close eye on the site they sometimes get some very rare stuff in. Like Aramis Havana,

Unlike many reformulations, the latest Havana incarnation smells very similar to the original (to my nose at least). The older juice may be a little bit richer, but it's tough to say for sure.

For people who like Pens LP#9, this frag's one to sample. Very good value for the money.

Martin

A friend of my Mother who works in John Lewis' told her that Green Irish Tweed is literally flying off the shelves just lately. She mentioned this to her because they both know I'm into my smellies.

The conversation started with her asking me if I'd heard of a fragrance called 'Ireland something', but I knew what she meant, bless.

I have a feeling she was dropping a hint, and one of them is probably thinking of buying me some. Her friend is very generous - she has given me a bottle of ADP Colonia in the past.

codex said:
1ntense.
Did you go for the Creed GIT @ Cheapsmells?

If so, what are your thoughts. Considering a purchase myself.

Hi mate, I did go for a bottle and Im still not decided whether its any good.

I emailed creed uk who said that cheap smells arent authorised dealers but I think they get their bottles from Dubai and are grey market if Im not mistaken. I find it hard to believe that a company of that size would risk selling fakes really.

I dont find it projects as well as from the testers in JL but hoping that my bottle will get better as it gets more air into it. The batch of my bottle is A3211X01.

Hope that helps, anything else you want to know just ask :)

1ntense said:
codex said:
1ntense.
Did you go for the Creed GIT @ Cheapsmells?

If so, what are your thoughts. Considering a purchase myself.

Hi mate, I did go for a bottle and Im still not decided whether its any good.

I emailed creed uk who said that cheap smells arent authorised dealers but I think they get their bottles from Dubai and are grey market if Im not mistaken. I find it hard to believe that a company of that size would risk selling fakes really.

I dont find it projects as well as from the testers in JL but hoping that my bottle will get better as it gets more air into it. The batch of my bottle is A3211X01.

Hope that helps, anything else you want to know just ask :)

Interesting B&B forum artical on Creed GIT real vs fake.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/203264-A-Comprehensive-Visual-Rundown-of-What-a-REAL-Green-Irish-Tweed-Looks-Like

Back
Top Bottom