Cella... anything better?

Have you tried Vitos? Subtler smell but IMHO better performance (more consistent lathering). Worth consideration

I'm on my first tub of Cella and it's been interesting reading through these old threads.

To date I've found it to be below both Vitos and La Saponeria Artigiana in terms of both ease of lathering and cushion. As I generally get the lather nearly there in the tub and finish on my face, today I scooped it out of the little red pot into something much bigger, which also gives a better opportunity for blooming.

As an aside, once you cut through the surface Cella from the tub is very soft, with a consistency similar to butter icing. I suspect that it is probably cured for less time than the blocks. This could also be the reason for it to go rancid occasionally due to water soaking in, as opposed to just sitting on the surface, which then alters the PH.

P&B and OSP work for me along with Wickhams,Tabac, MWF, original old spice, now discontinued but I have two pucks left. Not similar to cella but all worth a looking at! :)

Last edited:
I'm on my first tub of Cella and it's been interesting reading through these old threads.

To date I've found it to be below both Vitos and La Saponeria Artigiana in terms of both ease of lathering and cushion. As I generally get the lather nearly there in the tub and finish on my face, today I scooped it out of the little red pot into something much bigger, which also gives a better opportunity for blooming.

As an aside, once you cut through the surface Cella from the tub is very soft, with a consistency similar to butter icing. I suspect that it is probably cured for less time than the blocks. This could also be the reason for it to go rancid occasionally due to water soaking in, as opposed to just sitting on the surface, which then alters the PH.

I had troubles with Cella until I began "blooming" it. Night & day difference IMO.

Cella, I've never looked back since the day I tired it, and just bought 1kg of the stuff to keep me going for a bit.

But I was wondering if there is something better out there that's similar? I think it's the coconut oil in the Cella that makes it such a good soap for me, someone who suffers from dry skin which can be exacerbated by some soaps.

Any suggestions?

C

...after initially being indifferent to Cella now can't stop reaching for it at the moment. +1 on Valobra and Vitos.

Cella is a Traditional Tallow Soap..Vitos is a Great Soap as Well..Not as Strong as an Almond Scent..Haslinger is a Great Tallow & So is Valobra Sticks or the Puck..All these Soaps Blow Most So Called Artisan Soaps Out the Water..Phoenix and Beau is One UK Artisan Tallow that is One of the Exceptions..They Tell Me OSP Tallow Soaps are Up there as Well..:D

Oh..Yeah..ARKO, MWF are Crud..:eek:

Billy

Does anyone know the ingredients for Cella please? Any animal ingredients like tallow or lanolin? Many thanks... [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cella Ingredients include: Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Steric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium and water.
According to the ingredients list printed on the bottom of the last 150ml tub I bought there are a couple more ingredients: Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance).

Pleast note the there is no Tetrasodium EDTA listed on the 1kg block of Cella I bought more recently. The rest of the ingredients are the same as on the 150ml tub.

According to the ingredients list printed on the bottom of the last 150ml tub I bought there are a couple more ingredients: Cocos Nucifera, Tallow, Stearic Acid, Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Carbonate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance).

Pleast note the there is no Tetrasodium EDTA listed on the 1kg block of Cella I bought more recently. The rest of the ingredients are the same as on the 150ml tub.
Cheers,thanks for the update.;)

If you want an Italian, Almond scented, soft soap but Without Tallow, then I suggest 3P and Figaro. They are just as good as Cella, Vitos and Valobra which contains tallow.
Please note: I know that 3P and Figaro doesn't contain tallow but I'm not sure if they contain any other animal ingredient.

Back
Top Bottom