Canada Shaving Soap

You fine fuzzy fellers seem to be forgetting your extortionary Customs fees and a VAT that borders on rape. ;)

Just sayin'..........:whistle:

Yeah massively. A number of factors, USPS raising their prices is one of them. I've been buying a number of things from the States for over 20 years, I remember when it used to be possible to buy vinyl from the States shipped for almost nothing, now costs sometimes are £20 for a record. It's crazy. Also, UK Currency being devalued doesn't help either.

Back to the Canada shaving soap being obscenely expensive for UK Customers.
Here's my solution to the problem for cash strapped consumers like myself.
Get a white plastic container, write Canada on it with your finest felt tip pen, put in some MWF.
Job's a good one.
You're not wrong ! :)

Paul.

Screenshot_20220710-095204.png

Just had word back from the lovely soap maker in Canada and he's said for one soap it will cost $93.90 CAD to get the one soap to me!
(£60.39) He did say this was the express cost!

I think I'm going to leave it in Canada!
A real shame because it does sound like a great soap!

Now where did I put that MWF! :)

Paul.

Last edited:
You fine fuzzy fellers seem to be forgetting your extortionary Customs fees and a VAT that borders on rape. ;)

Just sayin'..........:whistle:
True. At the end of the day, the economics of shipping relatively low cost items halfway round the world don't really make sense. A product needs to be an awful lot better than locally produced stuff to make it worth the shipping costs and import duties if importing privately. Luckily we have shave shops importing some of the great US (and Canadian?) products officially in bulk so we can get our hands on them without being rinsed quite so badly!

I have a USPS P.O. Box that is the smallest they offer and recently they raised the "rent" to over $80.00................for a six month stint!!! :oops:

I won't give you my opinion on the USPS as it all boils down to politics. :censored:

Back
Top Bottom