Canada Shaving Soap

This one:

A friend "whittled" away some pieces into a plastic bag for me to try and try I did. I say whittled because this soap is harder than a hooker's heart!! So hard that I had to add a tad of water to some of the slivers in a bowl to create a slurry so to speak. I let the slurry sit while I showered and afterward I whipped up a great lather with a YaQi synth. Recently, the same buddy gave me a sample of MDC with which I was not really "wowed". This Canada soap however is better IMO. I used an AOS Taos Mühle R89 razor and a Gillette London Bridge (#3) and the shave was superb. Wonderful (non-tallow) lather with excellent glide. Ultra light scented and inoffensive for those who don't like scents. As always, PSF is unimportant to me as I use a good facial cleanser & toner post-shave so I have no opinion on that. I could determine no real scent. :unsure:

I saw and handled the tub at his home and this soap is so hard that it will probably last unto TEOTWAWKI.

The shipping is $50.

I presume it's CAD, so for one tub shipped it will be a eye watering £58 or so!
Steve Brule What GIF

North American Shipping has lost the plot
iv no idea what’s going on but it’s terrifying

Yeah massively. A number of factors, USPS raising their prices is one of them. I've been buying a number of things from the States for over 20 years, I remember when it used to be possible to buy vinyl from the States shipped for almost nothing, now costs sometimes are £20 for a record. It's crazy. Also, UK Currency being devalued doesn't help either.

Back to the Canada shaving soap being obscenely expensive for UK Customers.
Here's my solution to the problem for cash strapped consumers like myself.
Get a white plastic container, write Canada on it with your finest felt tip pen, put in some MWF.
Job's a good one.

Yeah massively. A number of factors, USPS raising their prices is one of them. I've been buying a number of things from the States for over 20 years, I remember when it used to be possible to buy vinyl from the States shipped for almost nothing, now costs sometimes are £20 for a record. It's crazy. Also, UK Currency being devalued doesn't help either.

Back to the Canada shaving soap being obscenely expensive for UK Customers.
Here's my solution to the problem for cash strapped consumers like myself.
Get a white plastic container, write Canada on it with your finest felt tip pen, put in some MWF.
Job's a good one.
It just might be the way forward lol

Back
Top Bottom