BST subsection/Vendor feedback

Sounds a good idea, and as you gain more respect among other members then you could post multiple items. I would say that the majority of our regular sellers are trusted enough to sell multiple items.

heroblob said:
Sounds a good idea, and as you gain more respect among other members then you could post multiple items. I would say that the majority of our regular sellers are trusted enough to sell multiple items.

Something among the line of this?:

< 50 posts 1 item
50 - 100 posts 2 items
100 - 250 posts 3 items
250 - 500 posts 5 items
500+ no limit

Why not? not sure if it's workable for the mods though.

Max

What about a more woolly set of words:

To sell you must be an active member of the community here, that does not mean simply being registered, neither does it mean 50 posts of "wow, great razor", rather more considered posts nor does it mean you've been registered for any particular period of time. If it is deemed that you are not an active member as determined by the moderator team, your sale will be terminated.

True, I could easily make 50 posts if you set that as a rule, I could also sign up and leave the account dormant for six months with an odd post if you try to use that as the yardstick. The only way to manage this is by judgment on a case by case basis and in some cases this may mean offending a genuine seller but there is always a middle ground, like a 3rd party holding the money or other avenue.

hunnymonster said:
What about a more woolly set of words:

To sell you must be an active member of the community here, that does not mean simply being registered, neither does it mean 50 posts of "wow, great razor", rather more considered posts nor does it mean you've been registered for any particular period of time. If it is deemed that you are not an active member as determined by the moderator team, your sale will be terminated.

Yes to this as well, but could be a work up for the mods.

How about before you can post a sale you have to gain permission from the mods. If they consider you are an active member and a genuine person then the ale could be given the go.

I think that the idea of feedback is good, but couldn't that be self-governing? A simple comment on the end of the sales thread would suffice.

"Item delivered, TSR member "XXX" a pleasure to deal with." (Or such). Heck, a 'thanks' would also cover it.

Similarly, the idea of number of threads or permission needed to sell seems a little overbearing and creates work for others. I agree it's a safeguard to some degree, but most people have enough savvy to disregard the obvious b'stds and you can never totally prevent people from doing the naughty if they really want to.

Thus far, it's been pretty obvious who the obvious 'phantom members' are and they have been ignored by other members of the forum – it seems to work without *cough* B&B rules being applied. They just chip away at the trust and respect that folks on this forum have for each other, IMHO.

Lipsy

Lipsy said:
I think that the idea of feedback is good, but couldn't that be self-governing? A simple comment on the end of the sales thread would suffice.

"Item delivered, TSR member "XXX" a pleasure to deal with." (Or such). Heck, a 'thanks' would also cover it.
Yes, but the problem is that you won't have a history that way, unless you go through a persons history.
After a week, or sometimes even less, the last sale you did is already on page 2 or 3.
Regrouping comments per member would solve that problem.

Max

Someone came on here (I won't say when), offering wares to sell… I noticed - immediately - they hadn't posted very much, and then I did a very quick reccie on their post history... Picked up a distinct pattern, made my own judgements based on what I saw.

Noticed also that the forum - to a man - disregarded the sale.

That was more than good enough for me.

Simples.

Lipsy

Although it would create more work for the mods :roll: is there anyway a member can verify their address to a mod and gain a 'trusted/verified/trader' status on mods digression?

That way we could send the boys round, or just Vinny, either way.

i agree with everything, and we should all get Ranks and badges above our avatar and stuff to show how good we are and we can then gain the trust and respect of other members
like..................er....................another site...............that talks about shaving.........................ooops sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

rank.jpg

but seriously, i think that so far nobody has been ripped off as people are sensible..use a bit of common sense go with gut feeling
you win some you may lose some but better safe than sorry

I have to confess, I take a very relaxed view about these things. To me, all things are relative and common sense should prevail.

If I were intent on ripping someone off, the last thing I'd do is to operate in a place like this. An injustice would soon be highlighted and the guilty party would have no future credibility.

When a problem occurs it is a typical human response to introduce a system to prevent it happening again. That's why organisations can become bureaucratic nightmares, particularly in the public sector where caution prevails. We should all accept responsibility for our own actions - as buyer or seller. There are plenty of ways to seek redress if a problem arises.

I like the informality of this forum. And would prefer to keep it that way.

Fido said:
When a problem occurs it is a typical human response to introduce a system to prevent it happening again. That's why organisations can become bureaucratic nightmares, particularly in the public sector where caution prevails. We should all accept responsibility for our own actions - as buyer or seller. There are plenty of ways to seek redress if a problem arises.

I like the informality of this forum. And would prefer to keep it that way.

I agree with Peter. I think we have to be slightly careful with adding increasing levels of regulation as it is a slippery slope to where another well known shaving forum is, and only causes grievances which have been aired here.

To my knowledge, generally when someone comes on to sell something, if they are relatively unknown they are either pointed towards the welcome section, or more established members reply with a post which can warn new guys that this person is an unknown quantity. On the flip side, when someone else comes to sell, who we have had good dealings with before it is not uncommon for someone who has traded with that person to state as such and that they are good to do business with etc.
For example, whenever Erwin announces items for sale, there are generally 2 or 3 comments in the thread from established members saying how good he is to deal with etc etc.

I just think we need to be careful when adding regulation levels.

Back
Top Bottom