Brushless Shaving Cream

Few years onward, what is the direction to go for a high quality easily available in Europe brushless gel?

I've tried Proraso which I found quite good. any other I should try?
The only brushless gel I know is the, gels in the pressurized cans like Gillette. If you are asking about Brushless creams easily available here in the UK; Boots freshwood brushless cream, which is good, inexpensive, available at high streets(Boots shops) and smells great. Available online: Pinaud Clubman Shaving Cream; I paid something like £9 including postage, it is good, does the job well and also can be used as an After shave balm.

Maybe I'm using the wrong term but I'm thinking of the gel like the Proraso Sul Filo and the Gillette Proglide types. They come in tubes. I'm not talking cans. They don't lather up but just come on the skin like a protective layer

To clarify my needs. I'm using a brushless gel for when I need a utilitarian shave, for instance last time I had been sick for a week and needed to visit the doctor - I just needed a quick WTG 1 pass shave to make me somewhat presentable without effort.

So it's not for often use, but also when I use it I expect great performance.

I'm quite happy to post you some at cost. Feel free to PM me

Sean, thank you very much for your offer.

I received 3 tubes from Sean today, and have test-driven it just now. I must say it seems pretty good! It has the same problem as any other brushless thingie I've tried - it gunks the razor like it was paid to do it.. lol. But in a quickie, perhaps after work (I shower at work) it would make me presentable for a quick shopping spree or visit at grandma's.

I was surprised it contained menthol - very nice! Scent is very good as well. For the price it seems really hard to beat.

I guess it depends on what decade your in. the brushless stuff from the 1930s and 1940s was GOOD they say.
and the modern stuff well seems to be dependent upon what the person feels a brushless cream should be like.

Head Slick from HeadBlade. Is it slick? Hell yeah, also lightly mentholated so nice post shave feel. The only thing I don't like about it is long ingredient list. I tend to use natural or hand made solutions with shorter shelf life but without all those preservatives and additives.

For the last week or so have been using a base of avocado, meadofoam, and aloe in a diy shave oil. This is what American Crew uses in their very well reviewed shave oil. Works great for me, one application sufficient for three full passes (keeping skin wet obviously important). Throw in some essential oil of your choice and Bob's your uncle.
6c54a409398e496279cccaa9b92a4229.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The instructions on their site suggest they recommend a brush:

Squeeze a healthy amount out of the tube into a shave bowl. Whip to a nice lather with your favorite brush*

The asterisk leads to:

*Brush not required. Can use hands to lather and apply.

Quite a few creams say that, none work particularly well that way in my experience.

Just finished my review cycle on Kiehl's (shaved with it today, review out next week) and was pretty impressed. Doesn't compete with a good for brush cream but gives some a run for their money.

Back
Top Bottom