bloody weather

scottymac said:
Adam D wrote

We maxed out at -6C and it is now -8.8C at 2.30pm!

Not as cold as that up here today but had -19C on Friday,now that was bloody cold.
That some snow you guys had yesterday.

Ahh, around -20 the hair in the nose freezes over and it´s a very special feeling :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Indeed: a tip for those that suffer from nasal hair, slowly breathe out through your nose in -25 or below... then slowly breathe in again. The moistened hairs in your nose will freeze solid. Then it's a simple matter to pinch your nose and the hair will be gone.

Ha ha yes, I was feeling that a bit this morning. Been meaning to start a thread about nasal hair :?

Anyways...... Im back. Left to go to work and after sitting at the Shawhead Flyover in a non moving bus for over half an hour I thought "It's now or never" and decided I'd had enough. Got out the bus and walked home.

It is chaos out there, the traffic issues all seem to be caused by every main road being down to one lane and that there are lorry drivers trying to get to Edinburgh (just not happening) and from Edinburgh (happening freely). And it seems to be the back log of lorries and other traffic (empty cars from last night etc) that is causing the current delays.

andyjreid said:
hunnymonster said:
Indeed: a tip for those that suffer from nasal hair, slowly breathe out through your nose in -25 or below... then slowly breathe in again. The moistened hairs in your nose will freeze solid. Then it's a simple matter to pinch your nose and the hair will be gone.

Ha ha yes, I was feeling that a bit this morning. Been meaning to start a thread about nasal hair :?

Anyways...... Im back. Left to go to work and after sitting at the Shawhead Flyover in a non moving bus for over half an hour I thought "It's now or never" and decided I'd had enough. Got out the bus and walked home.

It is chaos out there, the traffic issues all seem to be caused by every main road being down to one lane and that there are lorry drivers trying to get to Edinburgh (just not happening) and from Edinburgh (happening freely). And it seems to be the back log of lorries and other traffic (empty cars from last night etc) that is causing the current delays.

Makes me glad I got up this morning and thought "f**k this for a game of soldiers" and went back to bed :lol:

Anyone else shoveling snow into the house?

It's first for me. Water's been off and no idea when it's coming back on. Out with the shovel and an ikea bag to fill up the bath.

Late and smelly isn't quite the impression I was going for in the new job

Been sitting in aberdeen airport since 16 30 for a flight to Bergen actually made it onto the plane now but they have just shut the airport down next message will be in a hour using my phone for this message.
Right lads wrap up warm and take care our there

Well just arrived in Bergen and the weather is just as bad as it is back home.
Got a flight up to Kristiansund at 14.40 but by the sounds of it not looking too good.
Might get offshore tomorrow

scottymac said:
Helicopters delayed due to thunder and lightning,looks like i could be stuck in Norway for a while.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

It is a lot less cold today, just hovering around freezing.

Yesterday was bitter. When I went to get my car it was showing -17.5C at 8.40am. That's getting on for as cold as last winter at its extreme.

Back
Top Bottom