Best Lavender soap

For pure lavender scent Castle Forbes is a winner and it works a treat too. It's labelled as a cream but is of a similar consistency as the Italian soaps, Cella, etc.
I have the D. R. Harris lavender cream and that is great too, but that is a cream, I have tried the almond soap and that is a great soap, if slightly uninteresting scent wise, wether the soap performance is transferred with the scent, I can't say.
MdC isn't pure lavender but there is a hint along with other aromas, I love it but if I want a lavender hit I choose the Harris or CF.

Sm304 said:
For pure lavender scent Castle Forbes is a winner and it works a treat too. It's labelled as a cream but is of a similar consistency as the Italian soaps, Cella, etc.

MdC isn't pure lavender but there is a hint along with other aromas, I love it but if I want a lavender hit I choose the Harris or CF.

This. I've had great results with Castle Forbes. It behaves as a soap and needs to be lathered as one even though it is sold as a cream.

As for MdC this is the closest you will get to a real lavender soap. And yes I mean the original. It is now my exclusive soap and I wouldn't change for anything else right now.

I find my Harris lavender soap to have the strongest scent of my other Harris soaps (Arlington & Windsor). I can't comment on the quality its lavender scent as I'm pretty uneducated on fragrance notes, but I can say that the performance is typical Harris... Superb!

+1 for Nannys I have all three. Hard soap, new formula olive hard soap and the older soft olive.
I have become a bit of a lavender obsessive. It's my favourite winter scent.
All the soaps are good. I think I prefer the olive based ones, slightly smoother I think and with a more nourished feel afterwards.

I like lavender but when I am making up scents with lavender it seems to give me a mild headache. Which has put me off using it a bit. Is there anyone else who experiences this with Lavender?

rum said:
Shropshire Shaver said:
My skin didn't cope with MdC

Which one? The original (scented), unscented or the fougere?

I have a suspicion that my skin is not a fan of MdC either (original scented). The lather is always fabulous but for some reason I end up with slightly more irritated skin than normal. It's not so noticeable that it would stop me from using it but it does take the edge off the enjoyment I get from the scent and feel during the shave

Back
Top Bottom