Best blades for a Gillette Tech

Yep - the mediocrity was my technique and my acceptance of an OK finish based on previous cartridge experience. That's why I want to revisit it and do it justice.

A Tech can be a mild razor, with the first WTG pass should be very comfortable but might not produce the closest results, but I find after an additional XTG I'm pleased with the results.

Also some Techs can be more efficient than others. Of the ones I own, the Ball End Tech from the early 50's is the most efficient but not my favourite.

All Techs require the right angle, ride the top cap until you find it.

Then when find the right angle and the right blade it's a delight to use.

A Tech can be a mild razor, with the first WTG pass should be very comfortable but might not produce the closest results, but I find after an additional XTG I'm pleased with the results.

Also some Techs can be more efficient than others. Of the ones I own, the Ball End Tech from the early 50's is the most efficient but not my favourite.

All Techs require the right angle, ride the top cap until you find it.

Then when find the right angle and the right blade it's a delight to use.
Exactly what I'm hoping to find @donnie_arko . GSBs and Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum have been ordered from Bigdealsmart as I had some London Bridges etc. ready to go.
I really hope I can do it justice. After all, any inadequacies have to be down to me on a razor that's stood the test of time and been emulated by so many.

Exactly what I'm hoping to find @donnie_arko . GSBs and Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum have been ordered from Bigdealsmart as I had some London Bridges etc. ready to go.
I really hope I can do it justice. After all, any inadequacies have to be down to me on a razor that's stood the test of time and been emulated by so many.

We all have different faces, types of stubble and so on, and if I shaved once a week and had heavy growth I think something more assertive would be a better choice, as the Tech is quite a mild razor, and it's at it's best paired with a sharp blade for daily shaves.

We all have different faces, types of stubble and so on, and if I shaved once a week and had heavy growth I think something more assertive would be a better choice, as the Tech is quite a mild razor, and it's at it's best paired with a sharp blade for daily shaves.
Exactly what I need - I am very much a daily driver type of guy - even now, when I've gone from driving all over the UK to meet with customers to essentially working from home, I still need to feel the need to be "meeting-ready." Bloody good job given all the gear I've picked up in the last six months and all the soaps/scents I've got to get through :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Yep - the mediocrity was my technique and my acceptance of an OK finish based on previous cartridge experience. That's why I want to revisit it and do it justice.

Your self effacing honesty is refreshing as many new wet shavers nowadays immediately want to blow a boatload of cash on the latest greatest artisan razors. Listen to me when I say stay with the Tech for a daily driver. I use one for 99% of my shaving and only shake my head when some claim it's too mild. If I want I can get a BBS shave with one if I go ATG, however I rarely do that as at least for me it can result in ingrown hairs.

There is a "sweet spot" with the Tech and if you find it you'll have a "Eureka" moment. As for blades, I think you'll figure that out on your own as you already seem to have a good grasp. ;)

Exactly what I need - I am very much a daily driver type of guy - even now, when I've gone from driving all over the UK to meet with customers to essentially working from home, I still need to feel the need to be "meeting-ready." Bloody good job given all the gear I've picked up in the last six months and all the soaps/scents I've got to get through :oops: :ROFLMAO:
I was once a 7 day a week shaver, mostly for business purposes, and now could grow a full set if I wanted, but I keep it up nowadays because I'm used to it, and enjoy it.

A Tech was among my small collection in those days, and whilst some, like Merkurs, are now deplated rotting zamak, it soldiers on.

It'll do you well.

I was once a 7 day a week shaver, mostly for business purposes, and now could grow a full set if I wanted, but I keep it up nowadays because I'm used to it, and enjoy it.

A Tech was among my small collection in those days, and whilst some, like Merkurs, are now deplated rotting zamak, it soldiers on.

It'll do you well.
@Ferrum my sentiments exactly. I started lockdown stepping back from cartridge shaving, and enjoying the no-shave freedom. Then thought I'd experiment with DE while i wouldn't have to see customers with toilet paper stuck to my face :p Now it's an enjoyable ritual that I miss if I go moe than a day without!

???

1951%20(W3)%20Package%204%20Thin%20Gillette%20Blades.jpg

In my humble opinion the Tech seems to suit a sharp blade, but go with what you like. I've been getting great shaves from Indian Gillette/Wilkies and most other blades. Feathers work really well for me. Just find the right angle for you and the Tech will deliver consistently great shaves. I use straights mainly now but I'll never get rid of my Techs. One last thing, they're built to last and will probably 'see you out'.

Back
Top Bottom