Beer..a personal list of favourites

pjgh said:
Guinness

Draught or Foreign Extra.

Practically everything else I can take or leave, not one other I think I'd call a staple.

I'm not that fussed with real ales and bottled beers, but I do like Belgian beer.

With you on that one, you can't beat Belgium for beer. What a range!

Bob said:
With you on that one, you can't beat Belgium for beer. What a range!

What a range, indeed.

We've got a short break over to Bruges at the end of November.

I really cannot wait ... there are so many good places to drink in Bruges, but my favourite "pub" is Cambrinus. You can sit at the bar and drink from a menu that itself requires a short holiday to read through and when you're hungry just slide over to a table for a plate of Belgium's fine meat in beer with simple veggies. What a place!

I've found a great beer shop near where I live that carries a lot more than the usual Leffe, Hoegaarden and Duvel ... not that there's anything wrong with any of those.

What I do like is a slice of lime and a couple of ice cubes in a Hoegaarden.

Went to the Nelson Brewery yesterday which is in Chatham Dockyard and bought a few beers to try,I got Powder Monkey,Friggin in the Riggin and Nelson's Blood, Going back next week for some of the Midshipmans dark mild and Dogwatch Stout when it's bottled.
Going to try it over the weekend I'll report back
Check out the ships manifest :)
http://www.nelsonbre...ships-manifest/

Me and the Doris regularly have a trip out to The Church Inn, Uppermill. A cracking little pub that has its own stock of locally brewed ales, and the food is very good as well.

Favourites are the St Georges Ale, Saddleworth More and Hopsmaker. They do have some others on along with your usual Carling and Fosters Lager, Guinness etc, but there own local beers as above are really good and at £2 a pint .... excellent

Had a couple of nice pints in my local JD Wetherspoon this week. They have a real ale festival on for the next fortnight where they've flown in American brewers to concoct special ales in British Breweries

http://www.jdwrealale.co.uk/

The American Bitter Red was a lovely pint. Come the weekend I might do some more extensive tasting....

Oakham - Citra
Thornbridge - Jaipur and pretty much everything else!
Magic Rock - anything
Buxton - Axe Edge & Moor Top
Hawkshead - Windermere Pale
Mordue - Workie Ticket
Theakstons - OP
Pilsner Urquell

Likewise dan

I brewed again yesterday and while I had the boiler going I partook of a swift pint of the rather nice bitter I currently have on tap.

IMG_20131201_150054_323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom