Bbc sherlock

SmallBeard said:
Haha, I was wondering how long that would take when I watched it. I've not shaved with a straight, but it looked far too upright an angle to be shaving how he did. And removing a 6 month plus moustache without trimming with a Mach 3? Surely this would be il advised.

I've posted on here about personally shaving off a 10+ week handlebar moustache with a Feather Artist Club Razor - but a well honed straight would've done it.

Swip, Swip, gone.

As a cartridge user, a 6 month 'tache with a Mach 3 is nigh on impossible though, right?

I've seen a video of a man shaving off a big ol' beard with a straight, easily the best way to remove a mass of facial hair. No trimming, no nothing, just shaving it straight off at skin level. It's impressive.

SmallBeard said:
As a cartridge user, a 6 month 'tache with a Mach 3 is nigh on impossible though, right?

I've seen a video of a man shaving off a big ol' beard with a straight, easily the best way to remove a mass of facial hair. No trimming, no nothing, just shaving it straight off at skin level. It's impressive.

My fault. Getting the two scenes confused and slightly mis-reading it as "without trimming with a Mach 3, before shaving off with a straight".

John may have been sporting a tache for 6 months, but had obviously been trimming it. That would be a fortnight's growth for me, I reckon.

But yes, a faff with a Mach 3.

joe mcclaine said:
SmallBeard said:

My fault. Getting the two scenes confused and slightly mis-reading it as "without trimming with a Mach 3, before shaving off with a straight".

John may have been sporting a tache for 6 months, but had obviously been trimming it. That would be a fortnight's growth for me, I reckon.

But yes, a faff with a Mach 3.

Ah yes, apologies. Or it would be a bit more wild. Cheers Vinny.

Yeah, two shaving scenes - Sherlock gets a straight shave and John miraculously whips off his military 'tache with a Mach 3. It's fiction, afterall :D

So, Sherlock's shave ... anyone who recorded it can perhaps take a closer look and see if they can figure out the razor.

I liked it, was not thrilled but liked it (thought that Sherlock was lacking a bit on his comments and general behavior based onthe previous 6 episodes, but then again it was just the 1st of the 3 series...) , looking forward to the next one on the 5th !

Al H said:
I hate it when the guards are portrayed wrong on tv

How should they have been portrayed? Genuine question as I know very little about them, and I know that you're more than qualified to explain. They've always intrigued me though.

It was a good episode. Certainly different to the first and second series. Sherlock is displaying emotion and becoming more human and caring.

They don't stand there on parade for starters outside guards museum and the rank is guardsman not pte

Bloody good show though

The Major shouting "Sergeant, arrest that man!" is a bit of a TV and film cliche. With what powers, and on what authority? He's an infantryman, not a constable.

2 parts to my pedantry: As a former service policeman of 22 years I never had to arrest someone because a commissioned officer ordered me to, if someone needs nicking, they get nicked, a Rodney is usually the last to cotton on to what's occurring. And two, a Guards Major generally won't have a knowledge of common law or PACE powers of arrest for indictable offences, so the so called "citizens arrest" won't come into play either. If it did, he'd have to perform the arrest himself. Murder is not a service offence so an SNCO doesn't have powers deferred by the order.

Load of military cliche arse. Otherwise it was entertaining enough.

Back
Top Bottom