Barbers Notch

Ok so the swayback is still 'in transit', it was handed off in Heathrow on the 9th April and no movement since. I'm hoping there's just a massive delay in customs. After 45 days I can drop Griffith's a line and he'll make a claim and refund, so if this goes that way I'm straight into the Koraat custom with a notch. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, I'll be gutted if this doesn't show up, it just looks so nice!
View attachment 105267
A few of the old J.R. Torrey 'OUR 136' have a similar look, shoulderless, with a barber's notch. It's a super appealing and modern looking razor design, despite being 100+ years old.

Not my razor BTW:
Screenshot_2023-05-14-21-22-14-16_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg

Thankfully that is already in:
Screenshot_20230921_094906_Gmail.jpg

I almost went brass for the fittings and serations on the tang and thumbnotch but thought that might be overdoing it. It's a fairly simple one but I had some back and forth with ulrik sharing screenshots of the sort of thing I was after!

Can't bloomin wait now!

Last edited:
My wife is a legend, for my 40th the other week she's getting me the Koraat. Just said go nuts and get what you want, barbers notch is in amongst it....15 weeks and counting!
I’ve just looked on their website, they are beautiful razors. Looking forward to seeing the photos and hearing how it performs. Congratulations!

Ok I had to throw something down, Ulrik dropped me a line last night. It's all done and dusted, chucked me a couple of pics and immediately gave him the nod. Amazing as I wasn't expecting it until early 2024 given his quoted lead times.

Christmas is indeed coming early, I'll get stung by customs no doubt but worth it.

Back
Top Bottom