Barbaros TR-1 - Stainless Steel Safety Razor

Gentlemen, do you have any comments about the razor visually ?
For example the prints under the baseplate. Shall it be or not ? or what should be written what not ?
Any comments ?
I would like to see a two-toned version, bead blasted, then polished only on the high points. It would emphasise the barber pole spiral you have going on there.

Like Darkbulb, I would like to see the handle made a little longer, at least out to 95mm. The text under the head is fine. Serial numbers don't do anything for me, but most people seem to like them, and it's a selling point, so why not?

I think it would be cool to add an etched pair of crossed yatagans on the bottom of the handle, but I'm weird like that.

An open comb version would be more interesting to me as well, but I still find the current version nice enough for me to purchase, so long as it is reasonably priced.

Do you have a ballpark price point figured out yet? +/- $100? $50? I'm not asking for a specific price, just a generalized statement like "I'm aiming for £50-£70."

Thanks for the inputs @PLANofMAN , well noted.

The OC version is in the agenda but I cannot give an estimate for this version. It may be ready in next summer who knows.

Regarding the price, I really refrain from stating a price but I again only can estimate since everything is not totally clear yet. Actually the production costs may not be as low as you imagine in Turkey :) My aim at the price point is $110-$125 plus PP. Have to say that again, its not certain yet, so I don't want to make a wrong impression.

Last edited:
It's easier to give a high price point first and come down later. If you go the other direction, people complain. ;)

That price actually sounds reasonable, provided the razor has a great finish and tight tolerances.

Hello Gents,

I would like to introduce you the very first Stainless Steel DE Razor manufactured in Turkey, Barbaros.

I have been working on it almost a year and its nearly done.

Details:

Material: 316L Stainless Steel
Total weight: 121g
Head: 35g
Handle: 86g
Baseplate: 42 x 24.6 x ~6mm
Topcap: 42 x 19.2mm
Handle: 14 x 85mm
Suface Finish: Polished

It is a mid-aggressive razor. I think you can put it between Merkur 34C HD and Fatip. I will send it to the wetshavers in our local forum (I would rather not to send it abroad since it will take too much time in postage) to hear more feedback asap. Then the production will start.

Unfortunately I cannot give you an estimate about the start of the production and the price. I will spread the news when there is update.

I kindly ask you to visit my page and subscribe to get the news and like & share the socials to spread the news.

Thanks
Hasan

BarbarosRazors Web Page
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

2rrrvxx.jpg

r7kmrd.jpg
Beautiful Razor! I'd love to try 1. Do you know what they will sell for? I live in the US.

looks really good, handle is growing on me after an initial frown! i hope its a great seller for you, i have great admiration for anyone starting out in manufacturing something that has such an expectant customer base. good luck =)

looks really good, handle is growing on me after an initial frown! i hope its a great seller for you, i have great admiration for anyone starting out in manufacturing something that has such an expectant customer base. good luck =)

Thank you for your good wishes :) I believe you will like more when you get the handle in your hands ;)

I like the handle too, sorts of traditional with a twist!

Couldn't say, Hasan, without feeling the balance of the razor as is. Drilling half way may keep a better balance and still amke it a bit lighter.

I still think 14mm is too big a diameter and you know what I think of the length!!

Back
Top Bottom