Baked beans.

Seems I may have opened a can of something in the other thread.

So whats your pleasure? Heinz, Branston or supermarket own? I really haven't experimented as Heinz get bought by default but I do think they're too sweet. I adulterate them with a knob of butter and a lot of black pepper and sometimes chili sauce or soy to give 'em a bit more tang.

MUST BUY MORE BEANS....
Each row is 3 tins deep of the same type.
550136_10151227015752838_1989205175_n.jpg

I actually prefer Branston, but really Im a bit of a tightwad (as you can possibly tell by the Smart Price stuff) and its whatever is on offer at Asda at the time....
Whenever Branston hits the £1 to £1.50 for 4 tins I stock up big time.
The Heinz Spaghetti was £2 for 6 tins not so long back.

I eat other foodstuffs too

It's sainsburys own brand for me, but you do get the odd duff bean in a tin now and then (the odd black one) but not bad.
Better than the beans in KFC that I have had to digest to day.....a bit like chewing on a toe nail in red sauce to be honest.

In terms of recipes - Beans + 2 eggs + dash of oyster sauce in a pan, heated & mixed till it forms a nice solid mass and then served on brown wholemeal buttered toast.
I used to live on that as a student nurse.

That sounds very good, Crilley - mentioned that to the wife.
My wife just puts a small amount of margarine in her beans, or occasionally Marmite.

She would like to add to this discussion that the best baked beans have little sausages in them.

I didn't know there are beans other than Heinz! I put a good dollop of Lingham's Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Sauce in mine - more pazzazz and toast soaking ability, too boot.

Back
Top Bottom