Badger Blade

Im very surprised, your posts didn't come across snarky, a bit 'too the point' perhaps but nothing special in the whole grand scheme of things.

I am getting the impression some of the mods love their job a little too much, they can be very snarky themselves especially with new members, once you've settled in they get used to seeing you about.

But you are right they are quite a bit anti-foreigner, i just turn a blind eye to it.

Btw here's said thread.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147672</a><!-- m -->

Attero said:
I stopped posting there a fair while ago after getting kicked from ConUK.
TBH i was always getting a very anti-foreigner feel from alot of members (mostly the red neck - 'gun from cold dead fingers' blah blah types)

Dont even read the forum there anymore.. here is better.

Jon,

Sorry you had to go through that ordeal. It's their loss. Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised if if and when it fails later on.
due to dwindling quality.

AJP said:
Another bug bear i have is the whole "CONUS Only" thing!! What is the problem shipping anywhere if the buyer is willing to pay the increased P&P charges? Seems bloody strange!

Even though I'm in the US the items I've ever sold or am still selling are offered internationally. It just makes it tough for the latter because of shipping. I'd love to sell to you guys but shipping for most is deal breaker.

SiR-ed8 said:
Even though I'm in the US the items I've ever sold or am still selling are offered internationally. It just makes it tough for the latter because of shipping. I'd love to sell to you guys but shipping for most is deal breaker.

Funny how that varies. Different outfits use different metrics to calculate shipping costs, with wildly different results. The turning supplies supplier I mentioned earlier had very decent shipping rates -- using USPS flat rate standard mail boxes. He stopped shipping intl. because of the hassle. Outfits like Cabela's use intl. courier, and have decent, though not competitive, rates. Cold Steel OTOH uses outrageous prices, where the total price of a knife may be doubled, due to S&H. Plus, any import duties, if and when levied, will be levied over the S&H as well :-(

henkverhaar said:
SiR-ed8 said:

Funny how that varies. Different outfits use different metrics to calculate shipping costs, with wildly different results. The turning supplies supplier I mentioned earlier had very decent shipping rates -- using USPS flat rate standard mail boxes. He stopped shipping intl. because of the hassle. Outfits like Cabela's use intl. courier, and have decent, though not competitive, rates. Cold Steel OTOH uses outrageous prices, where the total price of a knife may be doubled, due to S&H. Plus, any import duties, if and when levied, will be levied over the S&H as well :-(

Yes, I've been caught out here as well Henk! I got slammed first of all for High Shipping/Postage charges from the U.S. Then again at the UK end for extra ,crippling, P.O charges (£19.00)! But then again, I think certain members will recall me complaining about this before, so I won't carry on about it again. But just think about the amount of business lost between just the U.S. and the U.K. alone- in both small, and much larger transactions! Annually, it must represent millions! Probably worth a letter to one's local MP I would have thought !! :x

spandex..

"Darling Fascist Bullyboy,

Give me some more money, you bastard.

May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman"

I have to say your posts were hardly offensive. It does seem a little petty to ban you. Never mind. Their loss is our gain.

I've found the membership there to be nice guys...the mods not so much. Overall more positive than negative, but I do not limit myself to one forum.

I've joined up on there, said my hellos, was a nice welcome actually but pretty much at the same time I found here and had a better welcome. Also met some really nice people here too so not really took the time to post on there. The review section is very good though, TSR needs something like that!

SiR ED8, do you have a SiR ED8? if so can I see it please? (sorry to go off topic!)

EDIT: Just noticed the age of this post!

Back
Top Bottom