Badger Blade

One of the largest forums and in spite of misgivings from other people I gave the board a chance but this is what I dealt with ( unfortunately I couldn't retrieve the other PMs )

I got banned before I could send a reply to this egomaniac:

professorchaos said:
Ivan,

I've been following your avatars and posts today. Why are you participating at Badger and Blade? You surely aren't doing anyone any great favors with snarky posts, allusions to pedophilia and thinly veiled efforts at being provocative.

In sum, the way in which you have been behaving will be neither tolerated nor condoned. This is your final warning: if you don't knock it off immediately, you will be permenantly banned.

Henry

That's funny I've only been speaking the truth about brushes in my experience and those I've researched. If you have a problem I suggest you contact Rob and Art.

Tell me where in my posts where "snarky." Also the world wide web is just that a means to communicate with others. You obviously aren't a God and do not know anything about be.

I've dealt with power tripping mod like yourself hiding behind your little computer-thinking you're all high and mighty because you have the "BAN" button. WHOA! WHOOPTIE bloody doo! You sir are awesome!

Did you find anywhere in my posts that I condone pedophilia?

Just so you know genious, if you had known me you'd know that before even finding out about the connotation behind said avatar I thought that it was funny. Even finding out thereafter I still thought it was-but surely I found no humour in molestation of children I'm neither rapist nor a pedophiliac. I can draw up a drooling horse to substitute it with that or drooling cow, pig or badger. What then?

At least the aforementioned mods have communicated with me in a more amicable way.
Continue the path where you are headed.

I can contribute in other forums where at least the mods aren't egostiscal fiends. My buddy was right about this board but I didn't believe him because I wanted to give this forum the benefit of doubt.

It is people like yourself that bring a forum to dwindling bile of crap.

At least Rob and Art had the common decency to ask about what it is behind my avatar just to be sure. You didn't do that here. You act like you're a dictator. You've no control over me. You are no one's master but a mere mortal. Go cry in corner.

Lastly, I think Joel did outstanding job ( as can be seen in my post since you miserably failed to read that ) contacting the reps at KENT because the prior rep was ignorant and had no business treating Paul and perhaps several others who may have contacted them bout the loose knots.

I'd love to hear what your retort is-that's ASSuming I don't get banned by your highness.

May you and your family live in interesting times.

Don't worry about it Ivan, many of us have been permanently banned and more than once. :lol: It's how this forum started.

Many of the mods have that weird Texan sensibility, you know, it's okay to shoot someone as long as your a gent.

I joined there about 4 years ago when there was about as many posters as there are on here.

Been banned twice.

The last time they told me it was because I'd already been a member in the past which was a cop-out as I'd been posting under my new name for 18 months.

I'm more inclined to think it was over some comments I made regarding Churchill which went very much against the "Jolly good bloke" image that most Americans seem to have of him.

My favourite 'bait'. Love it.

There are some pillocks over there. Do you also post on TSD? They lost alot of good members over their, by good I mean had good advice for anything wet shaving & had a sense of humour.

Pig Cat said:
What's your username on B&B? I'd be interested to read the posts that caused such a commotion!

Same as here my friend. I didn't have much posts. Not even a month. Wasn't even given 24hrs to respond. I guess that megalomaniac thought my being "signed in" was under the assumption I was actually there.

Look at the topic "Kent LE 2008 loose knot" it should be on first or second page on brushes forum. I don't remember how many pages it was but should be on the last 2-3 pages of that thread.

The issue was also with "Pedo bear" avatar I had that Art ( AACJ ) and Slaglerock ( Rob ) had questioned/threatened about-well at least Art did. Rob had removed a link I posted ( referencing Damn Fine Shave ) to where Leon/Bruno had mentioned about quality issues of Semogue 1305/2005. I was told that they didn't want me bringing "drama" from another forum. Some of you may know that thread "Semogue Brush issues" on DFS posted by Kevin ( Special K ).

My point in quoting Leon from that thread and posting it on B&B was to prove for one I didn't put the words in Leon's mouth and two there are quality control issues with all manufacturers. The only difference was Leon was willing to take care of it unlike the rep that handled one of the members problems on B&B regarding the loose knot of his Kent LE B&B group buy. The agent's response was to specifically "return to B&B" when in fact Kent warranties their brushes. I have no knowledge about Kent but only going on information from that thread.

To rectify this godawful situation, Joel contacted one of the agent's at Kent regarding the situation. It seems that situation is under control.
My point was what if Joel or whomever that was in charge of that group buy was no longer with B&B and the situation arose with other members? Considering the number of issues raised by the members on that thread I'd say they'd be SOL ( sh** out of luck ) and I was merely giving credit to Joel. Yeah tell me where in my posts it appeared to be "snarkish." I've never heard anyone use such silly word.

I have no problems with either mods but only that of mod in the initial post.

Gentlemen:

My thread wasn't meant to garner any ill will towards B&B if you guys enjoy posting there or know of friends that's ok. It doesn't affect me as it's only a forum. There are many others and I enjoy the company of fellow shavers like yourselves who've educated me bout shaving in general.

We all have lives to live outside of it. The point of the post was to cite how vindictive and petty that mod was who really in my mind has nothing better to do but enforce himself onto others which is really pathetic. Granted my reply that unfortunately wasn't read by that mod because I was banned was rather distasteful and I admit that. One thing is respect is earned and not given. If you have no respect for me why should I return the favour? My reply to both Rob and Art were sincere-quite the opposite of what my response was to Chaos-whatever his bloody handle is.

This same thread hadn't met with much success when I posted it over at SMF but that's ok. Gordon's reason was reasonable and I respect that.

fozz77 said:
There are some pillocks over there. Do you also post on TSD? They lost alot of good members over their, by good I mean had good advice for anything wet shaving & had a sense of humour.

Ian,

Yes I do but only couple times here and there on Brush forum. My posts are mainly on SOTD. After hearing what happened with Krissy I was really put off. Truth be told, I read that very thread where she was crucified ( for lack of better word ) and thread locked in process.

That does appear harsh! I read through that thread and it only seems that you play a (very minor) devils advocate on the issue of customs! All points you made are valid IMO and i am suprised they took you to be "snarky"! You sure you didn't send the Mods a group PM telling them to go screw themselves too...? :lol:

There would appear to be loads of horror stories about some B&B Mods who, with a touch of power, become somewhat crazed! What's the betting in real life they have no influence / responsibility for others in their day to day job?

Take care,

Thanks Sir Ed, but I've taken a look and it appears to have vanished. Maybe I'm searching wrong but it's not jumping out at me. I wonder what could have happened to it. :?

AJP said:
That does appear harsh! I read through that thread and it only seems that you play a (very minor) devils advocate on the issue of customs! All points you made are valid IMO and i am suprised they took you to be "snarky"! You sure you didn't send the Mods a group PM telling them to go screw themselves too...? :lol:

There would appear to be loads of horror stories about some B&B Mods who, with a touch of power, become somewhat crazed! What's the betting in real life they have no influence / responsibility for others in their day to day job?

Take care,

Tony,

I've been on many forums but no longer posting because of such mods. Trust I've seen them. Truth be told these power tripping mods are like toddlers with a loose lid on their zippy cups. They probably don't mean and can't make a difference in the real world hence they hide behind their monitors and sticky keyboards.

Wouldn't you be disappointed if not enraged by fact that an agent from seemingly reputable company told you to return it to the person that organized the group buy? It makes sense if the person from the group buy manufactured the brush but that isn't the case. Sorry I don't mean to belabor a point. I worked in customer service nearly my entire career and I know what piss-poor customer service is and I've dealt with blokes from all walks of life ranging from nice right down to scum of the earth.

Pig Cat said:
Thanks Sir Ed, but I've taken a look and it appears to have vanished. Maybe I'm searching wrong but it's not jumping out at me. I wonder what could have happened to it. :?

Pig Cat,

Sorry bout that mate. I'd link you but I can't get into the forum and am too lazy to reset my IP address.
What seems to me is a lot of people there are bum kissers. Though credit must be given as some are knowledgeable about their brushes ( I only visited the brush forum and SOTD :p ).

I was the only person to my recollection in that thread that chastised the agent from Kent while everyone was all "oh there's something wrong with my brush please help" You're a grown man a supposed "Gentleman." So unless you're 13 or 16 I guess that might be fine but to exude you need to be coddled is disgusting and pitiful I might add.

I stopped posting there a fair while ago after getting kicked from ConUK.
TBH i was always getting a very anti-foreigner feel from alot of members (mostly the red neck - 'gun from cold dead fingers' blah blah types)

Dont even read the forum there anymore.. here is better.

Another bug bear i have is the whole "CONUS Only" thing!! What is the problem shipping anywhere if the buyer is willing to pay the increased P&P charges? Seems bloody strange!

I'm pretty sure it's to do with the US postal service - most people never visit a post office there, because queues are massive and the only way to ship internationally is at the PO.

For inland stuff they use flat-rate mailers that they can get delivered to them and just drop them in the mailbox. Even if they pre-pay the fees, they can't drop international packages in the mailbox, since USPS want a gonad print of the sender.

AJP said:
Another bug bear i have is the whole "CONUS Only" thing!! What is the problem shipping anywhere if the buyer is willing to pay the increased P&P charges? Seems bloody strange!

I think some of that may be related to the increased hassle in shipping internationally from the US as opposed to CONUS. I know of at least one commercial provider of woodturning supplies that stopped shipping internationally (while I was a customer...); the reason he gave was that he could prepare all CONUS shipments at home/shop, and either have them picked up, or just drop them off at the PO, whereas for international shipments, he had to go to the PO, stand in line and do all the paperwork for all individual shipments right there and then. Or something to that effect...

Henk

Right, now i understand. does seem a hassle which i would try and avoid if i were selling anything too i guess.

Cheers guys,

Regarding the CONUS thing.. i seem to recall someone doing a CONUK only B/S/T a fair while ago and there being a right strop chucked about it when he refused to open it to CONUS as well.. or am i imagining that?

Back
Top Bottom