Bacon sarnies

BOTD shot!

Bacon bought last night along with half a lamb and lots of beef from Farmer Phil Bond at Blackawton near Totnes. A really great bloke who produces the best lamb I've tasted.

IMAG0228.jpg

Gotta be streaky and well done for me.
No sauce, just butter and occasionally a grilled or fried tomato spread on top.
regards, beejay

My lazy arsed wife resorted to microwaveing the bacon for a sarnie, to her credit or luck it actually tasted pretty good and it wasn't slimey. I might experiment.

antdad said:
My lazy arsed wife resorted to microwaveing the bacon for a sarnie, to her credit or luck it actually tasted pretty good and it wasn't slimey. I might experiment.

Dear Tony,

Holy crap! Don't tell me you never used the microwave for makin bacon. Gotta be kidding me if that's the case. It's only one of the best ways to prepare this delicacy....sheesh.

Seriously, you get yourself one of those microwave bacon trays that has the bacon sitting above the area that collects the fat as it cooks. About 1 minute per slice will do it for medium cut bacon slices. Keep in mind it'll keep cooking a little while after it's outta the oven.

No grease and the texture is excellent,

Martin

Oh, sorry to hear about your wife's lazy ass, although you can see it didn't hurt the bacon.

Thanks for the info Martin, it really is new to me but if it catches on I will regret not being able to tease my wife's vegetarian friends.

osdset said:
A toasted doorstep filled with crispy back or streaky or both and slices of grilled tomato............drool.

Man after my own heart, fried/grilled tomato less sickly sweet than ketchup.

Kevin

Grilled smoked back bacon with crusty white bread that's mopped up the drippings. Cut diagonally. Brown sauce if unsmoked. Never red sauce - ever.

Looks like I'll be stopping off at the shops after footie this evening...

A high bake cottage loaf is what makes it for me - the bread MUST be dipped in bacon fat but NOT fried. A toasted bacon sandwich is only allowable if your bread is stale.

Professor Blighty said:
Smoked back only, then fried, and onto doorsteps with real butter, and friend black pudding on top!

If you like the Prof's products I would plan on getting them stockpiled quickly based on his eating habits.

Bad news!!!

Global Bacon Shortage 'Unavoidable' Next Year, Says U.K.'s National Pig Association - The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/09/24/bacon-sausage-shortage_n_1909609.html

I live about 300 metres away from a pig farm - looks like I might have to go out when it's dark and snaffle a couple of piglets.

Actually, a couple of years back, thieves took about 500 piglets in a single night raid.

Johnus wrote;
"Global Bacon Shortage 'Unavoidable' Next Year, Says U.K.'s National Pig Association - The Huffington Post"

I tend to think this may be more accurate;
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2012/09/unavoidable_bacon_shortage_u_k_s_national_pig_association_has_everyone_worried_about_the_price_of_pork_.html
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Back
Top Bottom