Bacon sarnies

You're over analysing it. The beauty of a bacon sarnie is that it's simple but lovely. Don't go fussing over what bacon to use; get it made, get HP sauce on it and get it down yer!! :)

Ian

I agree with IanM on this one, keep it simple and get it in your face :)

Bacon (grilled, but not crispy), toasted bread, red sauce (none of that brown rubbish for me), done. A simple, but delicious snack, perfect for any day of the week

What's this hideous overdressing that you're talking about? Brown & red sauce? Blergh - buy proper bloody bacon with a taste that doesn't need masking (and ruining) with sauce.

Back, streak, pancetta, lardons, smoked, unsmoked - so long as it's properly made in the traditional fashion (ie. not pressure cured with brine with painted on smoked flavour) from decent quality pork - I don't care.

Preferably in a stottie - and if you're a lardy fat bastard like me, you can go for the full "pig in a bun" (10" stottie with about 1lb of bacon in it). Nom nom.

IanM said:
You're over analysing it. The beauty of a bacon sarnie is that it's simple but lovely. Don't go fussing over what bacon to use; get it made, get HP sauce on it and get it down yer!! :)

Ian

Hit the nail on the head Ian.....always bacon on toasted bread for me....brown, red or mustard...all good.

Back
Top Bottom