Art of Shaving tallow soaps on clearout

Well folks, I've just used the unscented version and the results are..........................................fantastic.

I've been using MWF as I have been having sensitivity issues in soaps and creams, I think connected with scents.
I do tend to use a squeezed out, well soaked, Semogue badger with a bit of back bone. I usually load lots of product (MWF) without any lather appearing.

Only slight change was the AoS puck had not settled into the container and I had to hand hold it to lather.

All the same, it lathers the same or a bit easier than MWF.
Lather never lasted as long but maybe not as much product loaded as normal.

No smell really and felt great on my skin. Never felt I wanted to wash it off like MdeC!!!!

Glide was brilliant. A definate keeper. This one lives to shave another day.

I totally agree with Wha burst the ba's assessment. I get the same brilliant results (and I have sensitive skin too) with the entire family of Valobra soaps... NOS AoS tallow, Czech & Speake, and Valobra. For me they are the very best soaps available, beating Martin de Candre, Mitchell's Wool Fat, and anything else currently available, whether artisan or commercial.

Oooh exciting, I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing if mine arrived too.
I could be treating myself to a shave with AOS Sandalwood pre-shave oil, soap, balm and EDT in the morning.

I completely missed this thread - so if anyone has a spare puck of either I will gladly take it off your hands.

Edit - within minutes two generous contributors offered to help me - so I'm now sorted.

Mine arrived this morning and I will be whipping up the Sandalwood first thing tomorrow. Big thanks for organising this it is really appreciated!

Mr_Smartepants said:
I've got my sandalwood unwrapped and ready to go for the morning. Just did a test lather and wow! My face is in for a treat in the morning! :D
I'm ordering more!
Thats sandlewood smells devine, absolutely love the scent. if you do order more let me please. I would like x3 sandalwood. thanks again for everything, your are true gent!

Received my soaps yesterday, but the neighbours had them as I was working until 10pm. Just been round and picked them up, the Sandalwood smells fantastic. Will be trying it out tonight. Cheers Erik

Had a shave with the Sandalwood this morning. I fully agree with Frankie's comparison of the soap with Czech and Speake. It gives that same incredibly creamy lather. <10 seconds loading gave me all I could use and more.
The scent wasn't quite as pronounced as I was expecting but a liberal post-shave application of ASB and EDT soon rectified that.
Very glad I bought this. Thanks Erik.

If anyone has any spare and wishes to sell please give me a shout, sounds like a great soap for me to try lathering and getting on with soaps.

TonyC said:
If anyone has any spare and wishes to sell please give me a shout, sounds like a great soap for me to try lathering and getting on with soaps.

Tony.

I'll see how I get on. I have a fourth on the way but am due to give 2 away to friends. They may not want (definately don't need) or not get on with it.

You going to the meetup at the Groom Room?

Back
Top Bottom