Arko

I like the smell. I have moulded a couple of sticks into an empty Trumpers cream bowl, screw on lid will help the folk who don't like the smell in the bathroom.

I wonder, has anyone found a good holder (twist or push up) to store it for travelling?

I thought about buying a Tabac or Harris shave stick, using it up and recycling the holder......

Though I may find that I like Tabac or Harris, but the price and properties of Arko are hard to beat!

Hairsuite said:
I like the smell. I have moulded a couple of sticks into an empty Trumpers cream bowl, screw on lid will help the folk who don't like the smell in the bathroom.

I wonder, has anyone found a good holder (twist or push up) to store it for travelling?

I thought about buying a Tabac or Harris shave stick, using it up and recycling the holder......

Though I may find that I like Tabac or Harris, but the price and properties of Arko are hard to beat!

A Boots stick holder will probably do. I bought a Boots stick a few days ago for £1... must have been on offer. My Speick stick fits into it perfectly... and if memory serves me correctly an Arko stick probably will too. The Tabac Sticks are huge and won't do... but it does mean that you get more Tabac for your money... and Tabac is the best lather from a stick I've had so far

I've only used Arko once, I find shave sticks difficult to get a lather from.

I've just stumbled upon Arko Soap in a bowl on ebay, anybody tried it?

Item number 190802518684

I hate the smell but couldn't bring myself to bin it because it lathers up like a dream.

Solution, as many have mentioned, grated into a bowl with a stick of Palmolive (50p!!) smells quite pleasant now.

tonyspurs said:
I like it but i spend the summer in Turkey and have a Turkish shave twice a week and in the barbers it smells right! so when i use it at home it reminds of that.. oh and Homer Simpsons quote Mmmmmm toilet fresh!!

Absolutely the same or me, I actually like the smell as well - each to their own. Aster plan is to bring back a rake of Arko stuff from holiday this year.

Amazon US has a deal on Arko sticks. 12 + 3 for 7$us delivered. Not sure if you have the same in the UK .
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UBOEW2

Paul.Liddle said:
I hate the smell but couldn't bring myself to bin it because it lathers up like a dream.

Solution, as many have mentioned, grated into a bowl with a stick of Palmolive (50p!!) smells quite pleasant now.

Or an alternative solution is to find a different soap or cream that has similarly good lathering qualities (there are plenty out there) that doesn't smell putrid (again, there are plenty)

Actually thought of you last nite. Reading Sinclair Lewis's Main Street. One of the store had a pile of shave soap in the window. Have you run out of it yet???:)-)

I used Arko for the first time last night and thought that it was really good. Got a great lather from it and one of my best shaves yet. I quite like the smell and will carry on using it for a week or so. I can't really compare it to anything though as I've only used Jermyn Street so far. Got Palmolive and Ingrams to try too.

Back
Top Bottom