Arko

Evening All,

It's been sitting in my bathroom for a few months now. Staring at me, with its strange Santa face and mad grin. Occasionally I would pick it up and have a sniff, then put it back down and use something else. I finally gave it a go tonight and I'm torn. I got a really good shave. No irritation, as close a shave as I ever manage, and my skin feels pretty good. But all I could think of was the scene in Fr Ted, when Fr Jessop was trapped in Fr Jack's underpants hamper. "Dear God! The smell"

I've heard tell that it mellows with time, and even that some people grow to like it. Have I started down a slippery, cushioning, slick path from which there is no return?

Can you imagine the meeting?
"OK guys, we've come up with a really good, really cheap soap formula. Now we just need a scent. Something Out-Of-The-Box, A USP, something distinctive... What's that Dave? Citronella Candles? Wow! That is blue sky thinking. I think we have a winner"

Anyone love the stuff?

Regards,
Stephen

I bought this along with a Tabac after reading about both on here, I had more trepidation about using the Tabac than the Arko, my findings were both ended in great shaves but I'm not sure I could live with the smell of the Arko but very surprisingly I really like the smell of the Tabac! I've had to wrap the Arko in cling film, it was stinking out my bathroom, but I don't want to get rid of it, it worked very well!

A superb product, absolutely love the smell. Think it's fresh with a kind of rough diamond aroma. I kid thee not but I actually use it as normal bath soap (tend to buy in bulk). Deffo a "marmite" product.

I like it but i spend the summer in Turkey and have a Turkish shave twice a week and in the barbers it smells right! so when i use it at home it reminds of that.. oh and Homer Simpsons quote Mmmmmm toilet fresh!!

It was my first stick and I loved it instantly. The smell may not cater for all but for me, it's how this type of shaving should smell. The performance is brilliant and is easily on a par or better than most of the more expensive creams or soaps I've used.

I love me some Arko. Good for a change when the others all start smelling the same.

Absolutely love the stuff, except for the smell. Works brilliantly no matter how slap dash I am in my prep and I would recommend it to anyone for that alone.

AGIO very kindly sent me one to try and it's been in pretty constant use since then. Must have used it for 3 weeks straight before I switched to something else. Even now it's often the one I pick.

The smell doesn't do much for me although I don't dislike it. I figure it's not too bad as the wife hasn't complained yet so it must be ok for our house!

I don't mind the smell now it's died down - that's two years with the wrapper off and the air circulating round it.
When it dies down I think it's fine, just not quite so conventional

Back
Top Bottom