Are your children being finger printed at school??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so sure:
The U.S. government isn't allowed to wiretap American citizens without a warrant from a judge. But there are plenty of legal ways for law enforcement, from the local sheriff to the FBI to the Internal Revenue Service, to snoop on the digital trails you create every day. Authorities can often obtain your emails and texts by going to Google or AT&T with a simple subpoena. Usually you won't even be notified.

Bechet45 said:
What frightens me the most is that with dinner money finger-printing, the kids are become accepting of, accustomed to, unquestioning in later life when Big Brother breathes down their necks, wanting all manner of personal data the State has no real need of.
Social networking has already done this.

I deal with confidentiality on a daily basis and it horrifies me how freely personal and frankly confidential information is shared by people on social networks. Young (and not so young) people are already becoming used to giving out personal data regarding themselves without the aid of a nanny state.

UKRob said:
However, if you do know someone who belongs to a suspect organisation and you happen to say those words - in earnest or jest - then be prepared for the knock on the door.

Sleep easy pet, there is no bogy man.

Rob, I'm a self-declared anti-monarchy, pro-disestablishment, Maggie hating republican. Of course I know people in "suspect organisations", I'm a paid-up member of some of them - and I'm far less politically active than I used to be!

Of course there's a bogey-man - which is why so many of our tax Pounds are spent chasing him. But he isn't me so the Govt don't need my personal data. End of.

Father Ted said:
Social networking has already done this.

Young (and not so young) people are already becoming used to giving out personal data regarding themselves without the aid of a nanny state.

You are right! I cannot believe the stuff that inundates me on the very infrequent occasions I'm persuaded of a need to log-on.

Bechet45 said:
Rob, I'm a self-declared anti-monarchy, pro-disestablishment, Maggie hating republican. Of course I know people in "suspect organisations", I'm a paid-up member of some of them - and I'm far less politically active than I used to be!

Of course there's a bogey-man - which is why so many of our tax Pounds are spent chasing him. But he isn't me so the Govt don't need my personal data. End of.

You're right. The Government does not need and will not be collecting, or retaining any of your personal data or communications traffic.

They have all on just dealing with proper crime without twatting about looking at Walter Mitty keyboard anarchists' browsing history, credit record and shopping history.

I am really struggling to decide if you genuinely believe (and have proof of) all this 'big brother' bollocks or you're a really good wind-up merchant.

Either way, keep it up old bean. I'd only be watching Soccer A.M. if I weren't on here.

:)

I'm just wondering though how many of the people on here blindly fill in their Census forms without batting an eyelid, and then moan about Big brother watching them when they willingly give them the information themselves :)

A few thoughts:

RB73, if you're going to say how happy you are about government having easy and more loosely-regulated access to our data, don't two posts later say how much you dislike targeted junk mail. They've been selling the electoral roll for years, and if anything else is relaxed you know what the next fund-raiser will be...

This sums up why I don't like governments being able to easily string different pieces of information about me together. I don't think our government is about to start targeting fat long-haired part-Jewish schoolmaster-musicians with straight razor collections for surveillance. I do think they'd like to sell data on me to bastards who will use it to reduce my quality of life by bombarding me with adverts. And, with the gradual evisceration of the NHS, no doubt in more indefensible ways too.

And yes, that's Google's core business. But I can turn off cookies and referrer taking a damned sight easier than change my name and address!

Bechet, while I am not without some instinctive sympathy for your position - and I myself would prefer the end of monarchy and established church - if you're actually worried about the government or anybody else looking at you because you're X, Y and Z, you might want to not shout quite so much on the public internet about how you're X, Y, and Z?

joe mcclaine said:
I am really struggling to decide if you genuinely believe (and have proof of) all this 'big brother' bollocks or you're a really good wind-up merchant.

:)

Of course I don't have proof, Vinny - I've been shown my Big Brother file but not permitted to take it home AND I've been known to eat out on the story.

Dr Rick said:
if you're actually worried about the government or anybody else looking at you because you're X, Y and Z, you might want to not shout quite so much on the public internet about how you're X, Y, and Z?

Makes no difference! Big Bro knows already! I like to tease him.

Dr Rick said:
A few thoughts:

RB73, if you're going to say how happy you are about government having easy and more loosely-regulated access to our data, don't two posts later say how much you dislike targeted junk mail. They've been selling the electoral roll for years, and if anything else is relaxed you know what the next fund-raiser will be...

This sums up why I don't like governments being able to easily string different pieces of information about me together. I don't think our government is about to start targeting fat long-haired part-Jewish schoolmaster-musicians with straight razor collections for surveillance. I do think they'd like to sell data on me to bastards who will use it to reduce my quality of life by bombarding me with adverts. And, with the gradual evisceration of the NHS, no doubt in more indefensible ways too.

And yes, that's Google's core business. But I can turn off cookies and referrer taking a damned sight easier than change my name and address!

Bechet, while I am not without some instinctive sympathy for your position - and I myself would prefer the end of monarchy and established church - if you're actually worried about the government or anybody else looking at you because you're X, Y and Z, you might want to not shout quite so much on the public internet about how you're X, Y, and Z?

DR Rick, were abouts in my post did I state a willing acceptance of loosely regulated data being held by the government. I have no problems what's so ever with the government having my NI/Tax/Driving license details centralised and having fingerprint recognition being part of that, as long as it isn't accessible outside of those departments. A one stop check to see if you are ripping benefits and working tax linked with the correct legal requirements to be driving.

I can't see how any of the above would create a problem unless you have something to hide.

The electoral role has been easily accessible for years like you have said, as much to check against fraud as anything dark and sinister.

As you have highlighted, i then posted further on how i hate junk mail and begging letters, which more than likely have been given my details by the insurance and charity organisations that i deal with. Completely different from the first paragraph which was dealing with Government agencies and hence why posted further down.

So do me a favour, if your going to quote my post, get it bloody right.

God save the Queen from a C of E man.

Re: RE: Are your children being finger printed at school??

RB73 said:
Dr Rick said:
A few thoughts:

DR Rick, were abouts in my post did I state a willing acceptance of loosely regulated data being held by the government. I have no problems what's so ever with the government having my NI/Tax/Driving license details centralised and having fingerprint recognition being part of that, as long as it isn't accessible outside of those departments. A one stop check to see if you are ripping benefits and working tax linked with the correct legal requirements to be driving.

I can't see how any of the above would create a problem unless you have something to hide.

The electoral role has been easily accessible for years like you have said, as much to check against fraud as anything dark and sinister.

As you have highlighted, i then posted further on how i hate junk mail and begging letters, which more than likely have been given my details by the insurance and charity organisations that i deal with. Completely different from the first paragraph which was dealing with Government agencies and hence why posted further down.

I said MORE loosely, you even quoted it. You've just repeated above that you're happy for more data to be held more loosely than currently, in the very first paragraph of your reply. I didn't say you said the things you want me to show you where you said. (Which feels half-way to Dr Seuss.)

Do get it bloody right, there's a good chap. ;).

(And if you don't think that they will almost certainly monetise any database they possibly can, as they long have, hence the electoral roll from which so much junk mail stems, thus creating admittedly minor problems for those with nothing to hide, well, ok. Up to you.)

God save us all from a C of E man, eh.

And the winner of the 'biggest pile of old pony' award goes to ...

Like me with my Northern miners' 'story', eh?

Top drawer my oad ... but you might want to change your bait - this one is a bit tired now.

You are a wind up merchant, and I claim my £25 prize.

Dr Rick said:
RB73 said:
Dr Rick said:
A few thoughts:

I said MORE loosely, you even quoted it. You've just repeated above that you're happy for more data to be held more loosely than currently, in the very first paragraph of your reply. I didn't say you said the things you want me to show you where you said. (Which feels half-way to Dr Seuss.)

Do get it bloody right, there's a good chap. ;).

(And if you don't think that they will almost certainly monetise any database they possibly can, as they long have, hence the electoral roll from which so much junk mail stems, thus creating admittedly minor problems for those with nothing to hide, well, ok. Up to you.)

God save us all from a C of E man, eh.

Are you on drugs ?. Please highlight were i said im happy for more data relevant to those agencies mentioned being loosely held.

What im actually saying is that that information should be held with the relevant controls in place to not reach non governmental agencies.

Re: RE: Are your children being finger printed at school??

RB73 said:
Dr Rick said:
RB73 said:
I have no problems what's so ever with the government having my NI/Tax/Driving license details centralised and having fingerprint recognition being part of that, as long as it isn't accessible outside of those departments.

I said MORE loosely, you even quoted it. You've just repeated above that you're happy for more data to be held more loosely than currently, in the very first paragraph of your reply. I didn't say you said the things you want me to show you where you said..

Are you on drugs ?. Please highlight were i said im happy for more data relevant to those agencies mentioned being loosely held.

MORE loosely. And I already did. Do try to keep up. Perhaps some extra drugs, in the form of caffeine, might help? (It is, since you ask, all I'm on.)

Can they now cross-reference NI/tax/licence/fingerprints routinely? No. If they could, would it then be more loosely held? Yes. Did you say you were happy for that? Yes.

Deary me.

Dr Rick said:
RB73 said:
Dr Rick said:
RB73 said:
I have no problems what's so ever with the government having my NI/Tax/Driving license details centralised and having fingerprint recognition being part of that, as long as it isn't accessible outside of those departments.

I said MORE loosely, you even quoted it. You've just repeated above that you're happy for more data to be held more loosely than currently, in the very first paragraph of your reply. I didn't say you said the things you want me to show you where you said..

MORE loosely. And I already did. Do try to keep up. Perhaps some extra drugs, in the form of caffeine, might help? (It is, since you ask, all I'm on.)

Can they now cross-reference NI/tax/licence/fingerprints routinely? No. If they could, would it then be more loosely held? Yes. Did you say you were happy for that? Yes.

Deary me.

Deary me.... yep as i thought, your a cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom