April 2017 Acquisitions

Just arrived :)

eljefe2_zpszxe5lawv.jpg

@YMMV is that a iKon SE razor ??

Back in December last year I picked up a Gillette Fatboy F2, it was in quite nice condition, barely any plate loss on the head but the handle was showing brass. I decided to get it re-plated, the plating was done by http://restoredrazors.com/ and it looks excellent, including the nicely repainted numbers. Next shave will be with this razor.

View attachment 24466 View attachment 24467 View attachment 24468 View attachment 24469 View attachment 24470

Beautiful indeed! Congrats!

Exellent replating. I'm always torn when I get a razor that I know would look definitely better once replated... To replate or not to replate....

Just taken the plunge and ordered a One Blade SE razor, ordered the special offer starter kit from the Mantic website.
You get the razor and stand plus Castle Forbes Pre Shave, Shaving cream, Aftershave balm and badger Travel brush for $318 including shipping. The razor on it's own is $399 without shipping.
Will still be a lot of money, particularly when you add the import duty and VAT, I reckon just over £300 all in.
Hope it's worth it.

It looks great, I wanted one, now I need one!
View attachment 24497 I received the ransom note in the post today so I hot footed it to the local postal depot and retrieved my Supply SE in a highly polished finnish. The pictures don't really do it justice, it is as shiny as a really shiny thing! A pure indulgence I know......:)View attachment 24496

Very nice Paul. The polished version has really turned my head. Must be the magpie in me.
I've got my name down for the pass around, can't wait to try it.

Back
Top Bottom