Anti-perspirant

Well summer is just around the corner. Just curious as to whether any of you chaps have a "go-to" anti-perspirant. I've tried many over the years but always find myself disappointed with them. None of them do what they claim and I always end up with the embarassing wet patches under the old pits.

May seem like an odd post but I was thinking maybe there is some "old-school" brand that works brilliantly that I could have over-looked.... Just as I have done with regards to how I shaved for the past 15 years.

Thanks,
Scott.

Tend to use a Sanex roll-on mainly these days, unless I know someone going to Germany in which case I ask them to get me some Speick Naturale.

I find stuff like Lynx and other 'smellies' tend to give me irritated pits. And that is the pits.

You can also try a dry alternative which is effectively a big block of Alum, there was a craze here a few years ago for it, but I can't remember what the brand being touted was called.

moodymick said:
Tend to use a Sanex roll-on mainly these days, unless I know someone going to Germany in which case I ask them to get me some Speick Naturale.

I find stuff like Lynx and other 'smellies' tend to give me irritated pits. And that is the pits.

You can also try a dry alternative which is effectively a big block of Alum, there was a craze here a few years ago for it, but I can't remember what the brand being touted was called.

Probably PitRock.
I have used it in conjunction with deodorants for the last year or so. The glued up armpit hair you get from anti-perspirants annoyed me and I was fed up of having to regularly replace shirts with solid, stained armpits.
Pitrock doesn't proclaim to keep you bone dry but I have not had an issue with odour since I have used it. I wear Uniqlo or Under Armor under shirts that wick any moisture away effectively so I feel dry the vast majority of the time.

Alum is a deodorant not anti-perspirant - but it will leave your shirts in better condition. You can buy alum powder that may help with the wet problem but at the end of the day anything that stops you sweating is just blocking your pores - I would rather go au naturale myself.

Have always used whatever roll-on the Mrs gave me to use...however, since joining up here I saw that the Alum block serves not only the usual post-shave purpose but also as a replacement for the traditional roll-on or spray.

Been using it ever since

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004GX6IQW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Shave your pits so whatever you use can get to the skin and do its work properly.

Pubic shaving time will soon be upon us, too. There is at least one thread all about it already! I don't think alum around your sack after shaving would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom