Amazon Sale: Scottish Fine Soaps Shave Soap and Bowl

dodgy said:
Damn, that sounds like some amazing stuff. It actually both softens and stiffens the whiskers at the same time. Hmmmm, I wonder if this soap helps to provide a pleasant 'happy ending' as well.

Now we know why James has ordered one! :lol:

Ordered on the 4th, dispatched 5th, arrived today. Thought it was worth a punt - their hand-soaps sell in the craft / gift shops around here and seem pretty good.

Not used it yet as I'm testing a new Nanny's sample right now. Even if the Scottish soap is crap, I have a nice ceramic bowl for a better soap to live in :D

James_uk said:
Product arrived today,took a good 10days to get here

What's doin James,

Ah yes, the famous soap with the soft/stiff properties. I'd be surprised if that lather didn't cause a major uncontrollable lather explosion, resulting in a happy ending to your shave.

I envy you,

Martin

Oh, I sent the Williams out yesterday, but it's gonna be on the boring side compared to this soap you have now.

dodgy said:
James_uk said:
Product arrived today,took a good 10days to get here

What's doin James,

Ah yes, the famous soap with the soft/stiff properties. I'd be surprised if that lather didn't cause a major uncontrollable lather explosion, resulting in a happy ending to your shave.

I envy you,

Martin

Oh, I sent the Williams out yesterday, but it's gonna be on the boring side compared to this soap you have now.

Martin,what's happenin

I'm not worries about this soap at all,can it be more disasterous than that motiveless,latherless williams I've tried?It can't be,I mean sure it may explose in my face but then I'll die in the name of shaving with style,will give it a go tonight and report back

Cheers for the soap buddy,it will give me a chance to clarify whether williams have really gone cheap and nasty lately :?

Not sure what problem others had with the soap, but I found it to be really rather good. I poured warm water on the puck and left it there whilst I showered, then poured it off before using the soap as normal when I face-lather. It lathered like a dream - thick, creamy, cushioning and slick. The only problem I found was that it seemed to dry out a little faster on my face than other soaps - then again, it was very warm in the bathroom this morning and I was going very slow & easy with my straight.

I'd be interested to hear why everyone else though this was a bad soap.

I've never had any problem lathering MWF. It lathers up instantly like all my other soaps.

The Leith water must be bloody good stuff - maybe I should start bottling it and selling it to people who can't get MWF to lather... :D

Back
Top Bottom