After shave.

Thought it was about time I got back to shaving issues.

I spent years using only after shave balms. I was an old spice fan in my teens. I loved the invigorating sting. But eventually I preferred the gentleness of balms and liked the slightly moisturising effect mine achieved. In recent months I've done a complete about turn. It began with using Steve's Bay Rum since when I've added three more fairly aggressive aftershaves that pack a punch as I generously splash it on. Skin's a bit dryer but I'm enjoying the experience and some of the stronger scents.

Once I've used up some of my recent acquisitions I'll be after tips on new splashes to try.

Funny you should mention this Peter. I've just tried my first aftershave applied to a wet ice cold flannel. No sting just nice and refreshing, my skin is a little dry though!

Tend to suffer from a little Mysophobia so I always use an alcohol based Aftershave. I also feel that it's a good idea to follow Shaving( which also involves cleaning the skin and some exfoliation) with a Toner(aftershave) to close the pores and then a Moisturizer(balm).

My guilty secret is Lynx Africa. I actually like the smell (as do others 'till they find out what it is!) Dark and fairly musky. It has wonderful aftershave properties but the image is tied up with the youth market I'm afraid.

^^^ Come off it Rus we know your mum buys it for you, she still waiting for you to hook a lass who can walk straight and move out.

antdad said:
^^^ Come off it Rus we know your mum buys it for you, she still waiting for you to hook a lass who can walk straight and move out.

Yet again you make a reply to a post that, quite frankly, makes me uneasy. What do you mean by 'a lass who can walk straight'?
You constantly bait members here, some of whom I think you should know better than to do so. I'm not here to fight other peoples battles but some of your posts make me cringe. It is a shaving forum, no more or less.
I posted in the past requesting advice regarding a brush that was shedding. Your reply was a chastisement for expecting something better from an inexpensive, albeit well regarded brush! What was that to do with my initial question?
I received a PM from you because I used your first name in a post. I apologised and amended the threads involved. I find it ironic that you are willing to use mine. I have no real concerns with my first name being displayed. If it is abbreviated please add a second S.

Re: RE: After shave.

Smell The Glove said:
If it's splashes you're after, you could do a lot worse then check out our very own Proff's range.
Alcohol or witch hazel, all good.

I was just coming here to say something similar.

rangers62 said:
antdad said:

Yet again you make a reply to a post that, quite frankly, makes me uneasy. What do you mean by 'a lass who can walk straight'?
You constantly bait members here, some of whom I think you should know better than to do so. I'm not here to fight other peoples battles but some of your posts make me cringe. It is a shaving forum, no more or less.
I posted in the past requesting advice regarding a brush that was shedding. Your reply was a chastisement for expecting something better from an inexpensive, albeit well regarded brush! What was that to do with my initial question?
I received a PM from you because I used your first name in a post. I apologised and amended the threads involved. I find it ironic that you are willing to use mine. I have no real concerns with my first name being displayed. If it is abbreviated please add a second S.

That's a pretty small charge sheet you've been holding on to for all these years so if any of my posts make you cringe I suggest you either don't read them, complain or work out how to use the forum's foe function. I think it's clear what I meant…surely you must come across them on patrol ? Women who can't walk straight are probably hookers, high or drunk so I reckon Lynx Safari is just the job.

BTW please dig up the thread that so affronted you, the brush was 404 mix not a Simpson and it was under a fiver back then and you were questioning whether to return it as it started to shed after using it for a year or so. I probably accused you of being a tight git and not take the piss out of a supplier who had been pretty good to us , yeah something like that.

As for the name game you want to play why would I insist on that? In shortened form my name is common and what I'm known as and you or anybody else have always been free to use it. I did however ask you to cease using my full and proper christian name freely on the forum which you must have guessed at as I never divulge or use it, internet or anywhere else except for official use. It's distinctive and I gave you an explanation then that you either misunderstood or took the wrong way just like the above josh so I'm not going to bother now.

Antoine

The reformulated Proraso splash is the best splash that I have ever used. The scent isn't anything special but it's pretty much gone after a short while. Takes good care of your skin.

Ian

IanM said:
The reformulated Proraso splash is the best splash that I have ever used. The scent isn't anything special but it's pretty much gone after a short while. Takes good care of your skin.

Ian

Is it? Better than the old formula? I like the old stuff a lot.

Splashes are awesome. Do try Speick, it's really good. And as for the alcohol based ones - I do enjoy La Toja a lot, although scent could've been more sophisticated. Need to get hold of some Myrsol range..

Back
Top Bottom