Acquisitions - week Feb. 7th to 13th incl.

Snap.

Bet you didn't get a helicopter too though. Saying that you've probably got a real one parked out the back K.

f1167bdd.jpg

Birthday presents from my wonderful wife, opened this evening as we have to be out for work early in the morning.

5428111356_3333d09670.jpg

6/8 full hollow ground carbon steel with rosewood scales.
Mikael recommended Revisor to me and said they were excellent razors with a "buttery smoothness" to them.

I didn't know what that was or how it could apply to a steel blade..................until this morning!!!!!!!

Ding dong! Thanks for the recommendation Mikael

Revisor

I LOVE the look of the MdC in the wooden bowl. I never understood why nobody else buys it in that form (price perhaps :oops: ). Would be interested to know if you find it practical in that form?

chicken neck said:
I LOVE the look of the MdC in the wooden bowl. I never understood why nobody else buys it in that form (price perhaps :oops: ). Would be interested to know if you find it practical in that form?

I didn't actually know they did it in the wooden bowl until presented with it. It worked well this morning, fits in the hand nicely. It was a bit slippy when the lather flowed down the side but once it's eaten into a bit that will probably occur less. All in all very pleased. :D

simmo3801 said:
5428111356_3333d09670.jpg

6/8 full hollow ground carbon steel with rosewood scales.
Mikael recommended Revisor to me and said they were excellent razors with a "buttery smoothness" to them.

I didn't know what that was or how it could apply to a steel blade..................until this morning!!!!!!!

Ding dong! Thanks for the recommendation Mikael

Revisor

That looks quality. I'm developing SRAD without even shaving with one.

Went to an Antiques Fair this morning, and got these.....bit grotty but will clean up well :D
Not sure what model the Gillette in the Bakelite Case is, it is an English Made one though, anyone have any ideas ?

986cc518.jpg

71151275.jpg

0d6f3a95.jpg

02295178.jpg

Yellow Jim said:
chicken neck said:

I didn't actually know they did it in the wooden bowl until presented with it. It worked well this morning, fits in the hand nicely. It was a bit slippy when the lather flowed down the side but once it's eaten into a bit that will probably occur less. All in all very pleased. :D

Tell your Mrs to be guarded against knocks at the door, where she's greeted by a man of the cloth collecting for the poor of the parish ;)

sunburyboy93 said:
Went to an Antiques Fair this morning, Spent a grand total of £9 Quid and got these.....bit grotty but will clean up well :D
Not sure what model the Gillette in the Bakelite Case is, it is an English Made one though, anyone have any ideas ?

Looks like some type of New to me. I would have said a #77 but that doesn't fit with that box. Is it a two or three piece?

moodymick said:
Yellow Jim said:
chicken neck said:

Tell your Mrs to be guarded against knocks at the door, where she's greeted by a man of the cloth collecting for the poor of the parish ;)

:lol:

Yellow Jim said:
sunburyboy93 said:
Went to an Antiques Fair this morning, Spent a grand total of £9 Quid and got these.....bit grotty but will clean up well :D

Looks like some type of New to me. I would have said a #77 but that doesn't fit with that box. Is it a two or three piece?

It's a Three Piece, weighs in at 52gm, nice look to it.....

sunburyboy93 said:
Yellow Jim said:
sunburyboy93 said:

It's a Three Piece, weighs in at 52gm, nice look to it.....

Bet it shaves well too. Looks like a 1930s New, similar to these.

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1930s French Service Set England.JPG
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1930s NEW Jewelry Set England.JPG

Back
Top Bottom