Acquisitions - week Feb. 14th to 20th incl.

Yellow Jim said:
Oh. That looks nice. Never heard of it before. Let us know what you think of it once you've tried it.
Sure, will do.

Brushed up my soaps rotation tonight as well. Added a few items, more feedback to come in my upcoming SOTDs. ;)

moodymick said:
Having failed to get the one on BST and hurled a few Teddies, I went straight to Simpsons and asked would they do me a Colonel in 2 Band rather than go through a 3rd party, the answer was yes and they also marked up the handle Super Badger too.

dsc00748vs.jpg

dsc00749q.jpg

The Teddies may still be upset - but the Bunnies are happy :D :D

Now that's a lovely brush :cool:

Hiya,

A few years ago I found a few NOS small soap pucks at an estate sale. No idea who made em, and I didn't bother trying the stuff for quite a while. Once I did get around to using it, this turned out to be my favorite soap.........ever! I went through the first puck about a year ago, and haven't been able to bring myself to use that last remaining one. Heh, after a search that included some forum posting, I finally figured out what the hell it was.

Got this latest one in the mail recently, and will give it a spin tomorrow. It's just some old Surrey, and it must have been dirt cheap when it was in the stores. I stuck it to the bottom of a 2 cup pyrex bowl using a tiny bit of boiling water, and that's what's in the picture. Just goes to show you that price can mean very little when it comes to things like this.

Martin

Attachments

• Surrey puck (small) 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 96
A New Forest 2221 High Mountain brush from Fido. With a 45 mm loft this should be good for face lathering. Amazingly soft! Unfortunately I had shaved this morning so it has been shampooed and test lathered and is all bloomed and ready for the morning :hungrig

Birthday today so a few items,

A Kindle, well I got this yesterday and had a play, worth every penny it's going to get a lot of use.

A butterscotch century shaving brush to restore, it's tiny! And appers to have a 16mm knot, it looks identical to the one sunbury posted a few weeks back.

Finally a vintage Corp pocket watch for the ol' mess dress and loverly it is too.

Just won Merkur Futur on Ebay, post a few pic's next week hopefully, He only purchased it the end of January, from the Traditional shaving company use it three times, decided DE shaving is not for him. Well pleased with the price £31, now my Merkur 34C HD will have a friend to keep him company.

Jamie.

CFrwstQB2kKGrHqZlgE1F4lVTZcBNV9BcfEfw_12.jpg

pugh-the-special-one said:
Just won Merkur Futur on Ebay, post a few pic's next week hopefully, He only purchased it the end of January, from the Traditional shaving company use it three times, decided DE shaving is not for him. Well pleased with the price £31, now my Merkur 34C HD will have a friend to keep him company.

Jamie.

CFrwstQB2kKGrHqZlgE1F4lVTZcBNV9BcfEfw_12.jpg

Derby's? :(

Back
Top Bottom