Acquisitions w/c Mon Dec. 13th - Sun 19th incl.

Two gifts from my secret santa. :D

This Aristocrat #16 arrived over the weekend. It was a bit dirty but underneath the grime it is in fantastic shape, no plating loss that I can see anywhere. The case looked in a very bad shape, what looked like corrosion and a lot of tarnish all over. I polished out the corroded bits with Maas and 0000 steel wool and it's now more than passable. Still needs a bit more work but I've ran out of Maas. The vintage Mersey blades were a nice little surprise. :)
[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]

Also, just received this vintage Enicar watch. I really liked the look of the one Tony posted on the the Rev's replica watch thread, so decided I'd get myself one. It finally arrived today. Very pleased.
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• aristo1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 103
  • aristo2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 103
  • enicar2.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 104
Yellow Jim said:
Two gifts from my secret santa. :D

This Aristocrat #16 arrived over the weekend. It was a bit dirty but underneath the grime it is in fantastic shape, no plating loss that I can see anywhere. The case looked in a very bad shape, what looked like corrosion and a lot of tarnish all over. I polished out the corroded bits with Maas and 0000 steel wool and it's now more than passable. Still needs a bit more work but I've ran out of Maas. The vintage Mersey blades were a nice little surprise. :)
[]

Hi Jim,

You know, one minor reason I wanted the #16 is because it's a birth year razor for me. Many years ago I went through that search for US made razors and it was slim pickins. I do have one razor that's definitely the right year, but it's sorta vague with some others. Heh, trouble is, I don't care to use the thing and should just sell it.

So what I'm finally getting around to asking you is: What year do you think that razor was made? Have you done some checking on that, and what did you find out? Yes, this is a loaded but serious question. From what I gather, it turns out the original blades may be the key to solving the puzzle.

Any thoughts on the subject would be welcome,

Martin

simmo3801 said:
Well courtesy of my wonderful wife at 16:12 today she produced a beautiful baby daughter for us! :D

Both healthy and well after a 3 1/2 hr labour for her first baby :shock:

Cheers!!!!!!

Congratulations Nigel, best acquisition of your lifetime. Glad to hear both of your girls are doing well.

dodgy said:
Yellow Jim said:
Hi Jim,

You know, one minor reason I wanted the #16 is because it's a birth year razor for me. Many years ago I went through that search for US made razors and it was slim pickins. I do have one razor that's definitely the right year, but it's sorta vague with some others. Heh, trouble is, I don't care to use the thing and should just sell it.

So what I'm finally getting around to asking you is: What year do you think that razor was made? Have you done some checking on that, and what did you find out? Yes, this is a loaded but serious question. From what I gather, it turns out the original blades may be the key to solving the puzzle.

Any thoughts on the subject would be welcome,

Martin

Hi Martin,

This will probably be lost amidst Nigel's good news (deservedly so), but I don't really have an idea on the year this razor is from. The most I can pin it down to is 48-49 based upon the info from mr-razor and this chart over on B&B. These British razors don't have a date code on, at least that early they don't.

There was an open box of Made in England Blue Gillette Blades in a Blue Dispenser (20 blades), on the blades is written Z3 and British Patent No. 646972. I don't know whether they are dated original to the razor, they don't appear to fit in the case easily.

Maybe somebody else could narrow it down a bit more.

James

simmo3801 said:
Well courtesy of my wonderful wife at 16:12 today she produced a beautiful baby daughter for us! :D

Both healthy and well after a 3 1/2 hr labour for her first baby :shock:

Cheers!!!!!!

Good luck, give it a few months, she will appear on the B/S/T !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, very well done and best wishes you and your wife matey

steve

Back
Top Bottom