Acquisitions w/c Mon 4th - Sun 10th Apr incl.

A range of samples, kindly sent by Professor Blighty.

Top bloke - I shall look forward to trying one of them out later when I shave tonight before I go out with the missus. :hungrig

Many Thanks, fella - really appreciate the kindness.

Lipsy

A range of EdTs/EdPs from Diptyque and Miller Harris. Pricey but excellent scents, I have to admit.

In addition, a nice moisturizer from Ren (did not know this brand before) plus a Diptyque hand cream (lovely fruity smell).

IMG_2043.jpg

More than enough for sure :oops: , but for me these are kind of harder to get through the net so I took the plunge.
I could have 'activated' some Sunbury (or any other 'TSR London') help perhaps but as these items were each a few quid extra compared to buying in the UK, I chose to committ the crime the fast way...

However

we're not done yet :mrgreen:

In London, if I'm not mistaken, they also sell a brand called 'Creed'
Therefore when the PayPal account goes a tad fuller then the "S" help may apparently be activated... (hopefully no more cc use)

No hurry though, Mick will surely open the Acquisitions thread next week as well, and the week after that, etc... ;)

Not as impressive in the scent stakes as K but as I wandered round the shops earlier decided to invest in some Jovan musk especially when I saw how cheap it was in bodycare compared to Boots. Or was that just an excuse to buy something????!!! I'd already got a maca root shave cream sample from the body shop so surely that should have kept the purchasing hunger down!!!!

Anyway, its always nice to have another day to day aftershave/scent in the collection. Although this seems to say its an aftershave- cologne so do I splash it all on afterwards like a lotion or use discreetly like a fragrance?

pedro083 said:
N_Architect said:
Gibbs razors are German, French or British?
Same applies for the shaving soap stick?

This is a french one, it seems really nice very heavy base plate, the + and - on the head are a bit puzzling though :?

Yes, GIbbs is french, the one you have is nice, can't remember if it holds standard blades. (some gibbs don't)
You'll see blade exposure on one side is different from the other, it's like a 2 in one.

Nice find on both of them :) Me likey lots!

Max

pedro083 said:
N_Architect said:

This is a french one, it seems really nice very heavy base plate, the + and - on the head are a bit puzzling though :?

Different blade exposure on each side? With one side more aggressive than the other?

Yellow Jim said:
pedro083 said:
N_Architect said:

Different blade exposure on each side? With one side more aggressive than the other?
Yes, at least that's the info I've got, but I haven't got one, so I can't confirm.

Max

FrenchBlade said:
pedro083 said:
N_Architect said:

Yes, GIbbs is french, the one you have is nice, can't remember if it holds standard blades. (some gibbs don't)
You'll see blade exposure on one side is different from the other, it's like a 2 in one.

Nice find on both of them :) Me likey lots!

Max

does not take normal de blades, needs some notches out the side of the blade to line it up and secure it :x :cry: :cry:

pedro083 said:
does not take normal de blades, needs some notches out the side of the blade to line it up and secure it :x :cry: :cry:
then it's a later one, earlier ones took standard blades, I've modified some for my gibbs adjustable, it's fairly easy to do.

Can you send me some more pics of that one through PM or mail?

Max

Back
Top Bottom