Acquisitions Mon 9th - Sun 15th May incl.

^^^ ooops wrong forum ^^^ :roll:

From Paul At Connaught some Gillette Yellows, Treet Dura Sharps, a stick of alum and a Musgo Real Glyce Lime oil Soap :D

It never ceases to amaze me at how fast Paul's service is. I've ordered 4 or 5 times from him and always received the goods next working day. Many many thanks :D

went to the local car boot sale this morning - hoping that I may stumble across a bargain. I didn't find anything suitable for daily use - just a battered old Gillette that I bought more as a curiosity than anything else - the lady only wanted 50p for it:

Gillette01.jpg

Gillette02.jpg

Anyway, I've scrubbed it up a little with just some plain water and was wondering how I could go about cleaning it up some more. I'm not so worried about sterilising it as I doubt I'll use this one - but would just like to try and restore some of it's former glory.

Was also wondering if anyone could shed any light on the model info. Only marks I can see on it are:

"Gillette" and "Made in USA" on the underside of the head. And then on the handle "PAT JAN 13 1920"

Any help/info greatly appreciated - as ever! :)

That's brilliant - thanks sunburyboy93. That certainly looks just like the one I have - albeit mine is considerably more worn :lol:

get a toothbrush and some tooth paste (not joking) and scrub that razor, then do the same with some fairy liquid, then dry thoroughly, if you have some very very slightly abrasive metal polish at home (peek polish), use some of that or use Silvo metal polish wadding.

Back
Top Bottom