Acquisitions - January 2024

First! Actually, I suppose it's a December 2023 (bought) but it's just arrived ...

ABLVV86funh8B5UTjfVrPkRrHbbBMGWPVt9lrxcGzEgmSOVrewOLqzzZrjrQheqivh7bDBbzzaadI_OXYkweLIcrVIE6De_QUwjmrTH48og9_GLnB6v1ogKo1sI7dvq_AQB6EXdZyGHKClcwdXYfhhrHfDE_Vw=w1200

ABLVV85gNhq47WuySF5E6kkESZgKN0vrYUSBAaHkLSmXi4NXluWdaBq-Ydy4_MbgGXedN5O2C--K2hZKVxtDRkTtKoSdM4LorsNX9LVALURxODcjMYer7igC0MxLmHhPRQ6YcirTnB94q3OgP0-t45bRIxDQLg=w1200

Cheapo Chinese razor (of a reasonable vintage) to join my small collection of Flying Eagles. This one is made slightly cheaper and has the three post cap without extensions (like the Flying Eagle and/or ASR Tech-alikes) and a slightly thinner baseplate, more akin to the modern Gillette Sterling in weight than the slightly heavier from the Flying Eagle.

Nice little piece.

I'm happy, anyway ...

Found this on ebay, should be here any day.
Other than greed i don’t know why i bought it.
i guess im intrigued by the difference between this & the Oren.
I guess i’ll probably move it on after a few uses unless it’s better than the Oren which i doubt it will be.
Sometimes i can’t help myself
View attachment 115255View attachment 115256
For a brief moment I thought that was another Oren! Will be interested to read your thoughts when you've tried it

I guess i’ll probably move it on after a few uses unless it’s better than the Oren which i doubt it will be.
View attachment 115255View attachment 115256
Hi Mike,
I have had both, and the Oren is an improvement on the Original, but still not bad.
Mike

First time in a Purchase thread in over a year!
Nothing expensive quite the contrary, a Yaqi Katana (DE single edge) head from AliExpress.
Curious to pair it with an injector blade as posted not long ago by @pjgh
View attachment 115487

Ah, good stuff! I'd be really interested to see how you get on with the injector hack. As I said back then, I only have the two-blade stacked Twinjector blades in the house, which don't work out for this purpose but the size and shape do show me that it would with a single.

Ah, good stuff! I'd be really interested to see how you get on with the injector hack. As I said back then, I only have the two-blade stacked Twinjector blades in the house, which don't work out for this purpose but the size and shape do show me that it would with a single.
Will do.

I have one of these heads. On mine the blade posts are a little shallow and I found it quite fiddly to load. But once loaded I get a decent shave from it. Quite aggressive by my standards but I've adapted.
I'd use it more if I found it easier to put the blade in (but that may be a user error, code ID10T)

Maybe give it a try @NotTheStig?

Back
Top Bottom