Acquisitions - 10th to the 16th Jan 2011

lagaffe said:
Decided to take a punt on this after seeing it mentioned on here last week as being reduced: Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Male Grooming Shave Soap and Bowl Set

41IgS04ZCgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The presentation box is huge!! I'll let you know what the soap's like when I get round to using it (currently testing Nanny's New Spicy soft soap sample)
Strange question but what is the pot made of plastic or ceramic please...........

Between yesterday and today I received 2 things.

1. A Dr Harris skincare trial set containing a small bottle of milk of cucumber and roses, a small tub of Almond oil skin food and a small tub of moisture cream. Although I had to pay for them they are reasonable sized samples with the tubs of cream being about 4 times the size of the body shop ones.

2. Perhaps the best service I have ever experienced since I started DE shaving. I bought a New Dove straight razor and sent it to Neil Miller of strop-shop.co.uk for honing. I contacted him on Friday to get an idea of turnaround time. He said 2 weeks as he was busy. I emailed him last night to see if he had received it as Royal Fails website couldn't tell me despite sending it special delivery. He replied that he had received it that day and had already honed it and put it back in the post. All being well I should have it tomorrow. I am truly delighted with his service. I know he has been recommended by many others before on here but I felt it worth highlighting again how good his customer service is!

Thanks Neil

This morning a hefty parcel: two blue glass atomiser bottles and a Barbershop Lime shaving soap complete with metal bowl courtesy of my lovely pal Sunbury Boy. Thanks matey you are an absolute star!! :D

I previously had a samle of Taylors bay rum and out of the 3 bay rums I've tried it's certainly been the nicest scent for me. A rich warm scent with none of the ingredients competing to be top dog! Sadly missed out on your generous PIF.

Enjoy!

Damn my sticky p key!

I have Ogalalla with lime and pepercorns which is nice but quite sweet I find. Good on the skin but the Taylors was just more of a traditional smell I thought. I would agree too fleeting though!

Back
Top Bottom