Acquisitions 1 May - 31 May 2016

Completed the set of English made Superspeeds with the mild Blue Tip. Another crud encased bargain which has polished up rather well.

71cc1100f78a92ce1704572aa0c84142.jpg

cc361bc0fcd0b2f03a64799e9adb2ffd.jpg

Plus of course Spitfire and Obsidian from Phoenix & Beau, but you already know what that looks like

Last edited:
I just got a bottle of Giorgio Beverly Hills Red for Men aftershave. It smells pretty old-fashioned, but I guess the test is how it actually smells on my skin. It was only $6, so if I have to pitch it out it won't be a big loss.
YpeSdDG.png

I just got a bottle of Giorgio Beverly Hills Red for Men aftershave. It smells pretty old-fashioned, but I guess the test is how it actually smells on my skin. It was only $6, so if I have to pitch it out it won't be a big loss.
YpeSdDG.png
I thoroughly enjoyed the EDT version in the mid 90's and might pick one up again. I believe it started out spicy and later mellowed to a very nice rich scent. A powerhouse cologne! :)

This bad boy came in today:

Going to do an in depth analysis on this compared to my 2 Shavemacs (2 band and DO1 2 band)and my Paladin. The Paladin is what I imagine it being closest to. What is interesting to note early on is the different 'white tipped' hair length at the centre of the brush. Some hairs have significantly larger white parts and some smaller. Perhaps attributing to backbone in accordance with its higher density. From what I gather silvertip hair taken from the neck should be of similar proportion. Another thing the hairs are if not starting to split, already split. I put this down to the bleaching process, but I don't find this with Shavemac out of the box. Not a biggie because they split naturally with use. No stink as of yet but it's not been to water as of yet. Very very soft tips with zero scritch (knot set at 27/55).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What is interesting to note early on is the different 'white tipped' hair length at the centre of the brush. Some hairs have significantly larger white parts and some smaller.
Interesting. It may be your camera or the lighting but those tips aren't nearly as white as mine. Granted the black LE at the right was a very special batch of hair.

Interesting. It may be your camera or the lighting but those tips aren't nearly as white as mine. Granted the black LE at the right was a very special batch of hair.
I noticed this to, I attribute this to the varying proportion of 'white' tips in the knot. Those hairs that exhibit a longer dark shaft may be affecting the overall 'brightness' of the knot?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cb7797d4c1b15195dd8ef4595230b8f9.jpg

I believe I have got me a USA 1946-47 Aristocrat. Has polished up nice.

A £4 delivered, old English lavender soap tub. Can't imagine the soap is up to much but looks a perfect size for Haslinger puck.

And finally found a good quality hair wax that does not smell so strong it overpowers my aftershave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom