A few deeply probing questions

dodgy said:
Hi there,

I'll be curious as to your thoughts on the fatboy, once you've used it a while. If you like the fit, remember there's not another razor that will shave quite like that model (except for the gold Executive version). That head design is one I haven't seen in any other razor, and I've used lots.

I used a slim for six months straight before trying a fatboy. The slim was very good, but I put that away after trying the fatboy. Heh, many people have the opposite result and prefer the slim. You really do have to try em both and see for yourself.

Martin

I could great shaves with my fatboy but I just found the head a little bulky, it was being neglected so I sold it a few months ago.
I love my 40's style superspeed.

Pig Cat said:
dodgy said:
RB73 said:
Bugger, thought it was gonna be about sexual orientation, preferences, techniques and deviances.

I'll put me gimp suit away... :(

Hi there,

You mean put it away for now but still keep it handy.....right? Man, I gotta confess I didn't know that suit by name. Of course I recognized the outfit right away once I saw the pics. A gimp suit eh?

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson,

Martin

If Richard is bothering you with his PMs then let one of the mods know. He won't be the first to be warned. I still have flashbacks of the pic Sunbury sent me. I'll never eat mango chutney again. :shock:

Sorry princess, but i was going to "cc" you in any following pm's :lol:

Damian Murphy said:
I've got a few vintage gillettes but no american ones.

Hi there,

One good thing about living where I do is the good chance of finding old US made razors. I see em at estate sales, antique stores, and flea markets and garage sales in the summer. Although I strike out more often than actually finding anything worthwhile, you just never know.

I saw my very first British razor about three months ago....even bought the silly thing. Heh, don't get excited because this is a 'Slim Twist' version with the genuine plastic handle! Yeah, that's the only one I'd even seen live and in person.

The US made Gillettes were made up of so many different designs, which meant so many options to tweak the shave to perfection. It's gotta be strange for non DE users to read that a razor can have so much effect on the shave itself. Sheeeesh, enough of that rabbit hole. Oh, you guys have some Rockets of various sizes and shapes.

I do have one other British razor that I unfortunately had to pay retail for. It was one I'd been wanting for a while and.........sheesh! Heh, I don't regret the purchase, so no problem there. I bring that up because the quality is just excellent. This thing just feels nicer than most other razors I have handled over the years. Somehow I knew the odds of me ever seeing one of these at the local garage sale was maybe one in five at best....

Martin

No clue Martin. All I know is Boab and Jason ( hunnymonster ) are Admin/mods. I don't think anyone was cast off from others.

Better than any US based shaving forum, it's not PC you pretty much have liberty in what you say while still being gentleman about it.

New Guy Hazing - does that happen? Mind you my perception on reality is a little disjointed thanks to only having half a brain.
I got an American headed traveller today. I cant see any difference between that and the UK tech.
Go on, whats the difference?

dodgy said:
RB73 said:
Oh, i've got a Fatboy, only just recently acquired. Have had some unsuccessful bids on some boxed Slims and US Red Tips.

Hi there,

I'll be curious as to your thoughts on the fatboy, once you've used it a while. If you like the fit, remember there's not another razor that will shave quite like that model (except for the gold Executive version). That head design is one I haven't seen in any other razor, and I've used lots.

I used a slim for six months straight before trying a fatboy. The slim was very good, but I put that away after trying the fatboy. Heh, many people have the opposite result and prefer the slim. You really do have to try em both and see for yourself.

Martin

Will do Martin, the reason most of my vintage gillette's are of the English type is simply down to market geographic's. Gillette's coming from your side of the pond on evilbay come at a premium.

That being said, cederfurnitureman has some absolute beauties on a regular basis, just been outbid on two from his stable.

Ids said:
I joined this forum mainly because it's a UK one, I'm not a big poster but have always been warmly received.

Same for me really - The UK thing is important for me. I know getting stuff from the US is pretty straightforward, but to read posts about things I can buy easily, at a price I understand is very useful as a newbie to DE shaving. I don't tend to post unless I've got something (which I think is ...) constructive to say! I'm now 5 months into this, and like most of us have a lifetime of blades and soaps in the stash, so hope that I can contribute some meaningful things in the future.

As an aside, Martin (Dodgy) is a top bloke, sent me a perfect Schrick Krona and sample of locally made soap for nothing! As a token of my appreciation Martin, some of Henk's Dutch Moss was sent your way today - bizarrely only 40p more than sending it to Scotland :?

Thanks again Martin ;)

antdad said:
dodgy said:
Yeah, it was only through your warm and nurturing posts that I was able to post after only joining 15 months before!

"Warm and nurturing"? :shock: F**k it, I must be slacking.

Hi there,

Not to worry. I was talking in general terms. I hope you didn't think I was including you in that group.

Back
Top Bottom