A few deeply probing questions

Hiya,

So I'm still trying to figure this place out. Seems fine so far, and it's been enjoyable reading posts and making a few myself. Of course, the 'new guy' hazing has been bad, but no worse than most other forums. It's worth it to be able to hang out with a bunch of members who's sense of humor resembles mine. I mean who doesn't just love the subtle humor of Benny Hill? So understated and dry..........

OK, enough BS for now ( with more to follow later). Getting back to the forum questions, what caused this forum to be created? Are y'all cast offs and misfits from those other 'reputable' joints? And it looks like this place hasn't been around very long.

From what I can see, there's maybe 30 regular posters. That about right? Maybe a few more odd ones chipping in occasionally as well. Figure maybe about 40 posts a day on average?

Have a lot of you tried the various US made Gillettes? Are there some you've read about but haven't been able to sample yet? If so, what would those be?

Ok, that's plenty for now. Oh wait, I mentioned earlier about including a little more bullshit. May I ask that you wait a little while longer and something will be sure to pop up.

Thanks in advance for any response,

Martin

Martin, I'm no cast off, but maybe a bit of a misfit. For me, I'm here because it's more UK/Eurocentric than the other forums. Plus I found I didn't really want to engage with the other ones, I read them and occasionally post but haven't felt the urge to get actively involved. It always felt a bit friendlier here and less stuffy.

I'm sure one of the veteran members will let you know how TSR came about.

An odd feature of any forum, this one included, is just how many people register as a member and then fail to post. Even if you don't intend to post it would be appreciated if more people simply introduced themselves in the welcome section. They would be assured of a warm reception, usually!

Fido said:
An odd feature of any forum, this one included, is just how many people register as a member and then fail to post. Even if you don't intend to post it would be appreciated if more people simply introduced themselves in the welcome section. They would be assured of a warm reception, usually!

It is a little disheartening, but I am guilty myself, in a way. I registered at another unrelated forum and asked a couple of questions, then ran out of things to contribute. Then again I don't see the point in registering and not posting a single thing. You might as well continue lurking. :roll:

hunnymonster said:
Without too much recycling, this topic explains it

That link is just exactly what I wanted to read. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

Heh, so you guys understand the deal at B&B. You know, I will go out of my way not to slam a forum when posting on another one. I'll be as diplomatic as possible (and also vague at times) when typing about how a forum is run.......and the agenda.

From the posts I saw it seemed like your experiences were told truthfully and without embellishment. I don't doubt that what was typed is how things really happened.I've been a member there for lots of years now, and it's a tricky footing sometimes. Like all forums I belong to, accepting the way they're run is part of the package. There's some good things to be said for that place, as well as what was mentioned in that link. As I said, it's tricky.

I appreciate the briefing,

Martin

RB73 said:
Bugger, thought it was gonna be about sexual orientation, preferences, techniques and deviances.

I'll put me gimp suit away... :(

Hi there,

You mean put it away for now but still keep it handy.....right? Man, I gotta confess I didn't know that suit by name. Of course I recognized the outfit right away once I saw the pics. A gimp suit eh?

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson,

Martin

dodgy said:
RB73 said:
Bugger, thought it was gonna be about sexual orientation, preferences, techniques and deviances.

I'll put me gimp suit away... :(

Hi there,

You mean put it away for now but still keep it handy.....right? Man, I gotta confess I didn't know that suit by name. Of course I recognized the outfit right away once I saw the pics. A gimp suit eh?

Thanks for the vocabulary lesson,

Martin

If Richard is bothering you with his PMs then let one of the mods know. He won't be the first to be warned. I still have flashbacks of the pic Sunbury sent me. I'll never eat mango chutney again. :shock:

RB73 said:
Oh, i've got a Fatboy, only just recently acquired. Have had some unsuccessful bids on some boxed Slims and US Red Tips.

Hi there,

I'll be curious as to your thoughts on the fatboy, once you've used it a while. If you like the fit, remember there's not another razor that will shave quite like that model (except for the gold Executive version). That head design is one I haven't seen in any other razor, and I've used lots.

I used a slim for six months straight before trying a fatboy. The slim was very good, but I put that away after trying the fatboy. Heh, many people have the opposite result and prefer the slim. You really do have to try em both and see for yourself.

Martin

Pig Cat said:
If Richard is bothering you with his PMs then let one of the mods know. He won't be the first to be warned. I still have flashbacks of the pic Sunbury sent me. I'll never eat mango chutney again. :shock:

"Eat mango chutney" have'nt heard that one before PC .I'm sure I don't want to know what it means

Fido said:

Yeah, I hate those guys. Damn lurkers who only take, but never give. Bastards!

All you guys should be proud of yourselves regarding finally getting me to type something. Yeah, it was only through your warm and nurturing posts that I was able to post after only joining 15 months before!

Martin

I think that Brits view wet shaving a little differently from our friends in the USA. I truly believe that a great deal of American wet shavers (please notice that I did not say ALL American wet shavers) are actually a little bit on the Anglophile side.

For instance, over on shavemyface , there has been a great deal more chatter and excitement about the return of Coates creams than on here, and I'm sure that it has something to do with the English-ness of it. I dunno. I'm probably WAY off.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom