4/8 straight & feather artist

As for 4/8 SRs there is a model called Wiener Schaber that I might buy next, shoulderless and I believe typically half hollow.

Do you know if it is full hollow of extra hollow? I cant seem to find any info.
Found the razor for €89 and €101 with postage and insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full hollow, extra hollow, it's terminology that means different things to different people.
With a 4/8 blade the best you can hope for is a blade with a half hollow type grind. That is the blade thickening half way between the edge and spine. Even this is ambitious as the diameter of the grinding wheel needed to achieve this would have to be tiny.

In my experience, the 4/8 razors are difficult to use as due to their thinness, they try to rotate in between your fingers when they feel any resistance. unfortunately, this rotation is always into your face!

I Own 2 Extra Hollow Grinds..They are Wicked Sharp & the Blades Can Flex with Undue Pressure..You are Unlikely to Find an Extra Hollow 4/8th..As I Said..They are Rare..Some Full Hollow Grinds are Almost as Thin as Some Extra Full Hollow Grinds..;)

Full Hollow Grinds are Fine for Anybody..An Extra Full Hollow Grind can Cut You're Face to Ribbons in Jig Time..My Henckels Friodur Full Hollow is the Same..They have Paper Thin like Blade & Wicked to Use Even to the Experienced User..I Personally Wouldn't Recommend them to Beginners..o_O

I Got a Russian 5/8th from this Seller NOS..He Does 4/8th as Well..They are Great SRs..Mine Honed Up Very Well & Took a Killer Sharp Edge..:D
http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&a...ahUKEwjOmZbgkrXQAhXJK8AKHUc2Dq8QvhcIIg&adurl=

Billy

I think I might have bought that razor, I bought a couple at the weekend from that seller, and your link seems to have whatever it was as sold.

Back
Top Bottom