PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Rapira Chrome (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucris

Today's shave was with a Rapira Chrome shave (thanks to Digimonkey's generous PIF, which has kept me in blades for the past four weeks). A Moscow blade--again a bit rougher than the St Petersburg blade I was using last week, and which I'm normally accustomed to using. I'll see how it lasts, though. As is custom--full report next weekend

Last week's blade was a Perma Sharp Super (again part of the PIF). It was smoother than the Rapira Platinum Lux which I was using the previous week. Again, it lasted for 4 until I replaced it with my go-to Astra.

Have a good weekend folks, stay healthy!

FF5911B3-B93B-45F1-8BD3-3D81C0A1C414.jpeg

SOTD Saturday, 04/11/2020

I've really enjoyed shaving with my new blade holder, the Colonial General equipped with a Feather Super AC blade.. This isn't going to sound like a negative, but the only drawback to the razor is that it shaves too closely. So close, in fact, that I could easily get away with shaving every other day. If I weren't retired, and still caught up in the daily grind, this might sound like a positive. But given that I really enjoy this shaving hobby of ours, I decided to use the perfect razor for today's shave, the Feather AS-D2 loaded with its namesake blade.

I'd forgotten how remarkably efficient this razor is. So many dismiss its shave as ‘mild'. This quick dismissal of its capability generally reflects the ignorance of the razor's very narrow sweet spot. It does take some time to master this blade holder which was optimized to work with its namesake blade, the sharpest DE blade currently available. Using a different blade coupled with an ignorance of correct technique will only lead to frustration with its performance. My beard is dense with thick whiskers, and the AS-D2 always delivers one of the best shaves of my DE razors.

The decision to use an old favorite, Lucky Tiger Cream soap, was a good one. This liquid soap works well with or without a brush. My Rosewood handled Jayaruh Silvertip Badger #378 salted with my regular 6 drops of M-Bomb whipped up a nice thick lather after completing my preparatory cold water rinse. That pleasant icy feeling on face and dome was delightful. The AS-D2 easily removed the slight rough growth remaining after yesterday's shave pogrom with the Colonial General in one ATG pass on both face and noggin leaving me feeling cool, clean, smooth and refreshed with my restored BBS.

RAZOR: Seki SS Feather AS-D2
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CREAM: Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave Soap
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with A&E Post-Shave Balm

Saturday's Birthday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Vectis from Signature Soaps - I really love this scent and the Soap performance is excellent.
Razor: Muhle R41 on an Ikon Handle
Blade: NOS Uk Made Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Cadman 30mm Synthetic
A/S: Quoram
Balm: Bart's Lavendar Oil
EDT: Vintage Obsession

View attachment 53423
Happy Birthday

IMG_20200411_134528.jpg

SOTD 11/04/20

“And we're back with all the news, new and approved by the US Army, the sweetest smelling army in the world” - Adrian Cronauer, Good Morning Vietnam soundtrack

As this is my first post in a while to SOTD I decided to pull out my Gillette Swede blades. At least that was how they were advertised on e-bay. Anyhow nice performance from the blade when combined with my favourite razor.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Swede
Brush Edwin Jagger Synthetic Silvertip
Soap: Tabac
Post: warm water, cold water, Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Tabac After Shave Balsam

Keep safe guys!

And for this early morning the theme for my shave was 'Doncaster'

View attachment 53409

Donny the razor - Stainless General
Rovers the blade - Kai Captain
Arndale shopping centre the brush - Razorock 400
River Don soap - Signature Soaps Danum

Back at work here so for this week I have restricted myself to the two recently received Signature Soaps. First up being @BrianH creatively named Danum and so named after my childhood town of Doncaster. Why someone would want to name a soap after a river you can walk on I have no idea.

I have always been a little harsh on Doncaster since I left but to be honest I had a great childhood in the town spending my time either fighting or......fighting. There are actually some very beautiful parts of Doncaster such as Cusworth Park and Hall, Conisbrough Castle and the Arndale shopping centre which looks like a collection of large shoe boxes and shipping containers. Beauty can come in many forms.

I now visit just once a year just to remind myself not to return the next. And fail.

The shave

This is my second time out for the Danum soap and first time out I found it quite a thirsty soap. Nothing has changed and again found myself adding more water than normal. But, it is well worth the effort. As per usual Signature standard the lather is first class. Thick and creamy with that nice sheen one looks for. Superbly smooth to use and with really great residual properties. Stays the distance and ticks all the boxes. Another great soap from that man in Bolton.

The General? Same as every other time and an absolute gem to use with brilliant results. A few Ikon Tech battle scars to work around but nothing brought back to blood again and very happy.

Slap on some Nivea moisturiser and one sterling shave.

Another rare first SOTD for a new week and a great start to the weekend.

Have a lovely one all you people out there and wish you and your families (and pets) the very best of health during these times.

I leave you with some Ladybaby minus Ladybeard. As cheesy as buggery but very seasonal

It was just too tempting to post the incorrect postfixes after the ordinal numbers on the dates
Had to find good Yorkshire town and city names of course. Chose Patchouli Essential Oil as it's deep, earthy and straight forward - come to think of it very Yorkshire characteristics! Donny also has a great racecourse and they say they had one of the first superstar footballers who played for Donny Rovers. Answers on a postcard.

Saturday's Birthday Shave

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Soap: Vectis from Signature Soaps - I really love this scent and the Soap performance is excellent.
Razor: Muhle R41 on an Ikon Handle
Blade: NOS Uk Made Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Cadman 30mm Synthetic
A/S: Quoram
Balm: Bart's Lavendar Oil
EDT: Vintage Obsession

View attachment 53423
Happy Birthday

Had to find good Yorkshire town and city names of course. Chose Patchouli Essential Oil as it's deep, earthy and straight forward - come to think of it very Yorkshire characteristics! Donny also has a great racecourse and they say they had one of the first superstar footballers who played for Donny Rovers. Answers on a postcard.

Of course the racecourse which is one of the finest in the country and has one of the oldest races in the world. The St Ledger.

Don't say Kevin Keegan. A Doncaster lad but played for Scunthorpe. Traitor

On my paper round I had my hero of the time Mick McManus

Not such a bad place

Of course the racecourse which is one of the finest in the country and has one of the oldest races in the world. The St Ledger.

Don't say Kevin Keegan. A Doncaster lad but played for Scunthorpe. Traitor

On my paper round I had my hero of the time Mick McManus

Not such a bad place
Saw Mick McManus wrestling at The Empire in York

Saturday AM 2020-04-11

Rooney 1/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Lords shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm Diamondback
Schick Plus Platinum (10)
Penhaligon's Lords aftershave (vintage)
y8qZsBm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom