Wickhams News

New Wickham formulation, sounds interesting. Any clues? Is it a soft or hard soap?
I have picked up two formulas that I had been working on when I stopped production back in early 2015. One is a hard soap that started out in early 2014, (some may remember the 1902 soap) and the other is a soft soap which I started in late 2014.

The hard soap has now been formulated but I am working out the possibility of additional scents for it before it goes off to the independent toxicologist for testing. Will be a couple of months before it comes to market.

The soft soap still needs work but I feel confident that people will like it, I have made many observations of other soap makers and also extended my research beyond soaps to get this one right and in many ways better than what is currently out there.
I'm very excited about making soap again, I would imagine a bit like a kid with a sweet tooth in a sweet shop would be. :)

I have picked up two formulas that I had been working on when I stopped production back in early 2015. One is a hard soap that started out in early 2014, (some may remember the 1902 soap) and the other is a soft soap which I started in late 2014.

The hard soap has now been formulated but I am working out the possibility of additional scents for it before it goes off to the independent toxicologist for testing. Will be a couple of months before it comes to market.

The soft soap still needs work but I feel confident that people will like it, I have made many observations of other soap makers and also extended my research beyond soaps to get this one right and in many ways better than what is currently out there.
I'm very excited about making soap again, I would imagine a bit like a kid with a sweet tooth in a sweet shop would be. :)

Fox, are you the brains behind Wickham's soap (maker of Southsea Spray etc)?

Yes Sir, I am that person.

Well knock me down...

So that's Nanny's, OSP and now Wickhams (and Phoenix & Beau but I heard of them through the forum so not quite the same) - that's most of my current favourite soap makers, all here. :confused:

Cue music: Twilight Zone/Tales Of The Unexpected. :D

If your new soap is half as nice as the Southsea Spray I picked up recently then I'll be buying some. Good luck!

Reactions: Fox
Well knock me down...

So that's Nanny's, OSP and now Wickhams (and Phoenix & Beau but I heard of them through the forum so not quite the same) - that's most of my current favourite soap makers, all here. :confused:

Cue music: Twilight Zone/Tales Of The Unexpected. :D

If your new soap is half as nice as the Southsea Spray I picked up recently then I'll be buying some. Good luck!

Thank you! Yes believe it or not it's this forum where the concept of Wickhams was born, many of the great folk here helped to fine tune the Super Smooth formula by testing it. It was fun times, and very addictive producing and posting out small testers, then waiting for feedback. Great forum, great folk and great to be back! :)

Thank you! Yes believe it or not it's this forum where the concept of Wickhams was born, many of the great folk here helped to fine tune the Super Smooth formula by testing it. It was fun times, and very addictive producing and posting out small testers, then waiting for feedback. Great forum, great folk and great to be back! :)
Good to see you back, looking forward to the new soap.

YIPPPPEEEEEEE.

Great news!!!

I was (jokingly) trying to extract your soap recipe from you a short while ago while clearing out your last remaining soaps from your site!!! Glad your back!!!

YIPPPPEEEEEEE.

Great news!!!

I was (jokingly) trying to extract your soap recipe from you a short while ago while clearing out your last remaining soaps from your site!!! Glad your back!!!

Ha,ha, it was you! You did give me a laugh with your email. Glad you like it so much. To think I nearly sold the formula to William over at Barrister & Mann too, shocking!

It seems like only yesterday that I joined the forum and closely followed a huge thread regarding the making of a new artisan soap.

It got me hooked and I remember calling the process a cross between the apprentice and dragons den.

I was keen to try the bay rum and Brave Blades kindly came to the rescue with a huge sample. From that point I knew I was amongst gentleman and was hooked.

I then bought samples of all the scents, loved the Bay rum, so Foxy stopped making it and disappeared!!!! The end ;)

Fox stop messing about on here, get back in your dungeon and get the soft soap ready for production ;)
I'm down to a pot and a half of Wickhams Super Smooth and am in constant fear of running out :confused:
Gallant & Klein still have some, I got some recently when they were doing their 50% off sale. I got English Lavender which came in the older , flatter container and the Imperial Tonic which was is the narrower but deeper tub. Got both for £15, it felt like robbery!

Back
Top Bottom