Your #1 Value For Money Shave Item

My No: VFM item? Mmmm it would have to be my R41 head for £12 from a forum member in mint condition. It's such a good razor.

Somebody already mentioned Voskhod blades and those are amazing VFM.

If you compare a Stirling 26mm badger brush with a 26mm Shavemac brush, I don't know if the Stirling is too good for the price or the Shavemac is too over rated. I think a bit of both

I find that I like the Stirling 26/54 a lot more than my Shavemac 26/54 TSR 2016 LE brush, it's softer (after 10 shaves or so) whiter tips (important to some people) - holds more water. The Shavemac is definitely more beautiful and more dense and I still love it but I'm so impressed with the stirling that I'm buying another one. I find that it releases lather more easily maybe because it's slightly less dense but the bottom line is that I just love using it, it simply feels much softer on the face. I'm not meant to use it everyday but I find myself reaching for it every time :). VFM? Most definitely.

Thanks everyone for your responses.. good to see people mentioning their best VFM items, and not just their favourite ones, which is exactly what I was interested in when making the original post... :)

My best VFM item – my first thought was 2 alum bars, bought online for £4.59 including postage. I not only enjoy how it feels when using it, I love how it has worn smooth and curved. After that, my Fatip Piccolo and Ladas Super Stainless blades bought in bulk from Russia.

Fatip piccolo, shaves really well, solid brass and should last a lifetime. I have the grande too but don't like how cheap the handle feels, the piccolo feels better quality. I only wish they'd use a standard thread so that you could change handles.

Palmolive stick. I nearly went with MWF which I still feel to be excellent value if you just buy the refill, but the Palmolive is *so* cheap that it has to win.

Razorock Plissoft brush. I have the "silvertip" one in the clear acrylic handle and it gets more use than any of my other brushes which includes some fairly expensive badgers. It just works so well and feels great on the face. I ordered from Italian Barber as I couldn't find one over here and it was about £20 including postage from the US.

Fatip piccolo, shaves really well, solid brass and should last a lifetime. I have the grande too but don't like how cheap the handle feels, the piccolo feels better quality. I only wish they'd use a standard thread so that you could change handles.

I've used two different ATT handles and the Blackbird handle with no issues.
I have to agree with you about the Fatip, amazing razor.

I'll collate the results of my completely unscientific poll soon.. I'm expecting the Palmolive stick and Piccolo to both feature highly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used two different ATT handles and the Blackbird handle with no issues.
I have to agree with you about the Fatip, amazing razor.

I had a couple of handles custom-made with the correct thread. The Fatip thread is 4mm instead of the usual 5mm and I'm not sure if the pitch is the same. While some other handles will go on, they're only going to contact part of the thread which I can't think is a good thing especially with steel on brass. I may be over-thinking it, and if the Fatip thread dies they're cheap to replace, but it just doesn't feel right to me. YMMV.

I've got the RazoRock Plissoft and the Vulfix 404, and they're different, and both are amazing value for money, but the Omega S-brush at £6, which is pretty similar to the Plissoft in my view, wins it. Salt of the Earth deodorant sticks are the cheapest alum blocks I've found and come in a travel container.

For razors, I love really cheap razors and think they offer unbelievable value for money. The Treet Hercules is great (£4), as is the ebay Gillette Tech I bought for £6. The RazoRock German 37 slant razor, at £20, is special too. Of these, the Gillette Tech offers, I think, the best value for money: real quality, and I'd be happy to shave with it forever.

Another vote for the Nivea Sensitive ASB. And another vote for the Astra SP blades, but Derby blades have nicer packaging which is more suited to travelling. And another vote for the Palmolive stick.

Back
Top Bottom