young novice here

Hi Guys,

Im Joe im 20 years old new to traditional wetshaving. iv got a Merkur 42 with 10 tiger blades :)

hope to learn alot from this site looks great btw :D

hope one day to advance to streight razer shaving

cheers guys

Hiya Joe, welcome.

It's not all that common to hear of a man quite so young switching to traditional shaving, what made you abandon the cartridges? Was it cost, or more like the all round manliness? :D

(I say young, but I've never done a survey admittedly, I'm guessing we have most members somewhere in the 30-50 bracket?)

Now then, young 'un, how're you doin'? :lol:

Take no notice Joe, happy to have you aboard. :D I was probably about twenty when I first attempted to shave with a cut throat razor, and knowing what I know now, I should have stuck with it - by now I'd be a guru. Go for it, after all, what's the worst that can happen?

Canuck said:
Hiya Joe, welcome.

It's not all that common to hear of a man quite so young switching to traditional shaving, what made you abandon the cartridges? Was it cost, or more like the all round manliness? :D

(I say young, but I've never done a survey admittedly, I'm guessing we have most members somewhere in the 30-50 bracket?)

The 30-50 bracket might be lower, or get lower in time- might be an assumption of mine but older people generally aren't as frequent users of the Internet. I'm only 18 and a newbie- but changed largely due to blade prices being too expensive- switched down from cartridges and then to disposables before DE, general intrigue attracted me and I feel more manly using a heavier razor. Will build up paraphernalia in time which will look good on my desk

sabaig said:
Canuck said:
Hiya Joe, welcome.

The 30-50 bracket might be lower, or get lower in time- might be an assumption of mine but older people generally aren't as frequent users of the Internet. I'm only 18 and a newbie- but changed largely due to blade prices being too expensive- switched down from cartridges and then to disposables before DE, general intrigue attracted me and I feel more manly using a heavier razor. Will build up paraphernalia in time which will look good on my desk

Here's another assumption, "kids" may spend more time online but they are mainly interested in making "friends" and getting laid hence the proliferation of social networking. "Crusty's" (30 plusers) have already been through a decade and more of easy internet access, crap shaves and have a higher disposable income, cost is a factor but not the only one as you may discover. Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom