Yahoo Groups

Jesus would have bloody wept!!
Has anoyone tried using these.......and if so have you also torn your hair out with the totally user unfriendly way they are set up??
From a forlorn bald nanny. :(

sorry, not wishing to offend devout Christians.....just an expression. But trust me, if he was around today and working on disseminating his message, he wouldn't be using Yahoo groups to do it.
Any comments from the ministers amongst us? Or do we even have a priest lurking who might have an opinion here?

I'm a Christian, and deacon at our local Baptist church (true - I will supply the link if you don't believe me!).

All I can say is that everything computery seems designed to drive people to distraction, and I'm sure if our Lord had a PC he'd be oft inclined to wander off for 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness to get the frustrations of working with the blasted things out of his system.

My old and possibly possessed printer is still sitting in the back garden with a brick on it, just to teach it a lesson.

I have no idea how Yahoo pages work. The person who came up with the name "Yahoo" should probably be stoned. Or probably was.

Pig Cat said:
cheese_dave said:
The person who came up with the name "Yahoo" should probably be stoned. Or probably was.

But doesn't the Bible of Computers say "He who is without syntax error, let him cast the first stone"?

:geek:
The Ten Computer Commandments:

1 - Turn it off and on again
2 - Leave it a while and then come back and see if it works
3 - Hitting the ENTER key a lot elicits responses faster
4 - Same for left-clicking your mouse

I'm bored of that now, there are probably six others.

Anyway, Sharon should have put this in the "Computers and Technology" section, that's girls for ya.

Now listen here CD, I already know as a girlie (of sorts) that it's highly unlikely that the tech section can sort this out....I mean is there someone high up in Bahoo lurking here??

soapalchemist said:
Now listen here CD, I already know as a girlie (of sorts) that it's highly unlikely that the tech section can sort this out....I mean is there someone high up in Bahoo lurking here??

A typical bloke is CD. A lady just wants a shoulder to cry on but he thinks she's after a solution to her problems. :roll:

Er...actually that's one of the many things Mrs PC finds annoying about me. I blame my overt masculinity. :mrgreen:

I guess your right Pig Cat.......I know no-one is going to sort this out. I just find it hard to believe that a major operation like Yahoo has such c**p forums. I was just seeking some reassurance that it wasn't just me.....but I'm consoling myself with the lack of multiple (or any) responses tellimg me that Yahoo groups are great.

As to your 'overt masculinity'.....can you tell your wife I'm praying for her?

Back
Top Bottom